Season Ticket Auto renewal 2019 FAQ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Season Ticket Auto renewal 2019 FAQ

Post by josie andrews »

Auto Renewal Prices Frozen for third consecutive year

Junior season tickets reduced in the East stand

Full priced ticket reduced for 2019 season

IT’S IN OUR BLOOD 2019 season ticket auto renewal scheme FAQ

It’s only July, why are Wigan Warriors Season Tickets for 2018/19 on sale so early?

This is the first year in which Season Ticket auto-renewals have been implemented.

Historically we have launched season tickets later than all other super league clubs and last year’s late campaign meant that some fans were left without a season ticket in time for Christmas.

Following fan feedback, we have brought forward our season ticket launch date to not only ensure this is not the case for 2018/19 season tickets but also to provide fans with a longer, more convenient period to sign up to our 10-month Direct Debit option for the first time and also freeze prices for the third year in a row.

I can’t afford to pay in August what are my payment options?
If you can’t afford to pay in August don’t worry, you can speak to one of our Ticket Office advisers on our new local number 01942 311111 to discuss alternate payment dates and options. You can defer your auto-renewal payment until September 14th or opt out of auto renewal and keep your seats until the 31st October renewal deadline.

What does the auto-renewal scheme entail and what are the benefits of signing up to the new scheme?
If you choose to pay by Direct Debit, you will be automatically renewed for future seasons providing payments are kept up to date. This means that you won’t have to worry about future deadlines and will be able to manage your payments in a similar way to which you might pay for things like gym memberships or TV subscriptions.

Can I opt out of the auto-renewal if I want to?
The club will be sending information out to all fans who register to make payments by Direct Debit in advance of the 2019 season. You will have the opportunity to opt out of the scheme if you wish to.

I can’t afford to pay for a Season Ticket in one-go, what are my options?
There are a number of payment options available. If you buy online, pay over the phone or visit our box office in person, you can take also take advantage of the Warriors easy payment plan with 10-month, 8-month and 6-month options available.

Will I always get the cheapest price?
Yes, this year we have simplified the previously complex pricing model and renewing using auto renewal will ensure that you always receive the cheapest price. You have until September 14th to sign up to auto renewal and receive the price-freeze price.

There seems to be a lot of new ways to pay for a Season Ticket. Can I still pay in ‘old fashioned’ ways?
Yes, payments can be made over the phone by calling 01942 311111 or by calling into the DW Stadium Wigan Warriors Box Office.

What other benefits do Season Ticket Members get?
There are a range of benefits available to Season Ticket Members. As well as the opportunity to guarantee seats for home cup fixtures, Season Ticket Members also get free access to all home Under 19s and Ladies games.

Season Ticket Members will also have access to a package of exclusive digital content and receive priority information and breaking news plus 10% discount at Warriors World and 50% off Magic Weekend tickets.

Season Ticket Members in the Kids and Juniors categories will automatically be entered into a number of prize draws throughout the season, including the chance to become a Warriors mascot, win tickets to events such as the Wigan Warriors Junior Christmas Party and have the chance take part in training sessions with the first team.

I’m unsure about renewing for next season will I have until a certain date to renew or can I do it up until the start of the season?

The first auto renewal deadline is Friday 17th August. If you defer the payment or for sign up, the second autorenewal deadline is Friday 14th September. Finally, all-season ticket renewals will have the deadline of Wednesday 31st October. If 2018 Season Ticket Members miss this final renewal deadline then their seat will become available to those on the waiting list and new customers from the 1st November.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... F3QH6CG.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Re: Season Ticket Auto renewal 2019 FAQ

Post by southportcdm »

It will be interesting to see if we get answers from the club to some of the big questions before the tenth of August. i.e. new coach, Bateman and George Williams. They could be putting off bad news or they could give us a boost with some good news. I know there's lots of gossip but it would be nice to get the official version. They need to be quick!
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Why should we renew our season tickets when we dont know who the coach is for next season,and also whether or not our favourite player John Bateman will be pkaying for us,for sure if John is allowed to go we will not be renewing,come on give us some answers and be honest with us.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote:Why should we renew our season tickets when we dont know who the coach is for next season,and also whether or not our favourite player John Bateman will be pkaying for us,for sure if John is allowed to go we will not be renewing,come on give us some answers and be honest with us.
Because we should support the club even when not happy, hurting the club financially will only have a negative effect. Why buy players if you have no fan base
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Honestly given the shambles of last autumn I for one am glad that they're getting the season tickets sorted in good time, always going to be a few teething troubles with auto renew and lets be fair not everyone is going to use the finance option either but at least they're getting on in good order.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

My gripe is they are taking our money far too early in advance. If I've got the T's and C's right, they are debiting our accounts on the 17th August, that is almost a full six months before ko of the next season !

In my mind, that is too long to pay for something so long in advance, and of not getting any return for that period. Most auto renewals I've come across enable the merchant to register the customer for database purposes, which is obviously helpful for their investment planning, but they don't take any monies until a more reasonable lead time has elapsed.

I don't mind booking my season ticket and confirming this to the club, we do it every year after all, but this time it appears to have got out of hand.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nezza Faz wrote:My gripe is they are taking our money far too early in advance. If I've got the T's and C's right, they are debiting our accounts on the 17th August, that is almost a full six months before ko of the next season !

In my mind, that is too long to pay for something so long in advance, and of not getting any return for that period. Most auto renewals I've come across enable the merchant to register the customer for database purposes, which is obviously helpful for their investment planning, but they don't take any monies until a more reasonable lead time has elapsed.

I don't mind booking my season ticket and confirming this to the club, we do it every year after all, but this time it appears to have got out of hand.
I’ve said exactly the same!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

My renewal price is £45 more than the price of the two tickets which I guessed was the car park ticket.

So I just rang the ticket office to check and found the number quoted in the renewal email (which is an 0871 number) no longer exists and it has been replaced by a local number. Obviously a good thing but they are still sending the 0871 number out in emails.

The first attempt at ringing the ticket office failed as despite saying the call would be answered it just cut me off after a while.

On getting through I quoted the client reference number off the email and they could not find that as for some reason it had two zeros on the front in the email.

Little things but little things that make you question the professionalism.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I got an email on August 3rd saying £460 would be taken as a direct debit. Today I've received another email saying £490 is being taken. A £30 increase with no explanation.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

outback wiganer wrote:I got an email on August 3rd saying £460 would be taken as a direct debit. Today I've received another email saying £490 is being taken. A £30 increase with no explanation.
I should hope you have been in touch with the club!