Bullock Signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Bullock Signs

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

ian b wrote:
ragman wrote:FFS! Give the lad a chance!!

He's a big, strong running prop of the type we're crying out for.

Terry O'Connor, Neil Cowie, Barry McDermott - they all came from the smaller, more 'minor' clubs that are being snobbishly insulted by some on here. Andy Platt was another one (sorry, couldn't resist...)

For my money this is a good signing of a young, hard running forward from a neglected RL region that has been producing top players for years.

Haters gonna hate, but I'm pleased for once.
every player the club signs is sh-t didn't you know ? !!!!!

I will give him his chance as also Hankinson. However, if Wigan's limit for scouting and strengthening the team is now simply limited to players from lower league teams in the hope that they unearth a gem is all we are now reduced to, then fans DO have the right to complain we are setting our recruitment levels low

Feck me, someone states on this thread that we can't recruit NRL players yet look who is coming over next season and it instantly blows that point out of the water :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
ian b wrote:
ragman wrote:FFS! Give the lad a chance!!

He's a big, strong running prop of the type we're crying out for.

Terry O'Connor, Neil Cowie, Barry McDermott - they all came from the smaller, more 'minor' clubs that are being snobbishly insulted by some on here. Andy Platt was another one (sorry, couldn't resist...)

For my money this is a good signing of a young, hard running forward from a neglected RL region that has been producing top players for years.

Haters gonna hate, but I'm pleased for once.
every player the club signs is sh-t didn't you know ? !!!!!

I will give him his chance as also Hankinson. However, if Wigan's limit for scouting and strengthening the team is now simply limited to players from lower league teams in the hope that they unearth a gem is all we are now reduced to, then fans DO have the right to complain we are setting our recruitment levels low

Feck me, someone states on this thread that we can't recruit NRL players yet look who is coming over next season and it instantly blows that point out of the water :roll:
But it isn't though is it?

FPN/TOMMY L/Sarginson/Hardaker/Greenwood
Plus the resigning of some very good existing talent such as Gildart/Davies and Marshall

As I said on the other thread.
People wonder why people get brassed off with the game when it's a constant battle to stop our own people from belittling and running itself down.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Desparete for a new 6 and 7
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

JUKESAYS wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
ian b wrote: every player the club signs is sh-t didn't you know ? !!!!!

But it isn't though is it?

FPN/TOMMY L/Sarginson/Hardaker/Greenwood

Plus the resigning of some very good existing talent such as Gildart/Davies and Marshall

As I said on the other thread.
People wonder why people get brassed off with the game when it's a constant battle to stop our own people from belittling and running itself down.
FPN ill give you

but c'mon

Tommy - came for a coaching job/retirement gig

Sarginson - worst signing weve made in years! failed miserably in the NRL

Hardaker - Drugs cheat and we are the only top team he could of gone to Leeds and Cas wouldnt have him, saints already have their drugs cheat quota filled

Greenwood - While im happy with this signing again this is mainly down to him being out of favour in the NRL and not being able to get a game under a new coach
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

JUKESAYS wrote:
Barney841 wrote:I can understand why people feel underwhelmed about the signings we are making recently. Hope bullock will turn out to be a top find but when saints sign players like naiqurima, even Salford signing Hastings, it just doesn’t fill the fans with that much hope.
Strange?
Thought we'd signed Zak hardaker and Joe Greenwood recently?
Not to mention resigning Gildart/Davies/Marshall and more.

If people want to find something to moan about they'll find it.
Irrespective of the evidence

Funny I was thinking exactly the same. Although not at all pleased with what's going on at club at moment think the signings we have made are quite good. You don't have to spend a fortune to find a star past spending over last 6 years has proved that. Spent a fortune on overseas rubbish. I would though like to see a half back brought in just to give the side that spark it desperately lacks. Although new coach new ideas/style of play may change that. Here's hoping.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Hope bullock is a hit but when are we going to shop at Harrods again I instead of Poundland?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Yeah, and how did Walmsley (and a million other lower league players who went on to be stars) turn out? Let's wait and see. Good luck to the lad.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I'm Going for some rare positivity on this one, seen him live afew times and he looks like the type of prop we want. Gives 100% every game as well. Rather young UK talent than an over paid, over the hill aussie who buggers off as soon as he gets the chance.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

As I said on the rumours thread when him coming to us was first mooted I don't mind this signing at all.

One of the main reasons I mentioned then was due to his age. He's 25 not an 18 year old total project player. He's going to be much more physically mature than a promotion from our junior ranks of 18 or 19. Some of those players may see him as blocking their way but it's just a fact you can't play a team of kids.

I can see why having just signed someone from Swinton this might seem another cheap option but I am not bothered about that with Bullock. I think he will do well. That said the club does need to be on the look out to sign a top half back if just to get the excitement back and put buns on seats.
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

I can see why people are a little annoyed at us signing Lower league players whilst our competition are signing big names, be it SL or NRL...considering the amount of jollies Rads goes on down under and comes back with players from the lower divisions.

I read Jon Wilkin’s comments on BBC sport site about having the likes of a ‘Barba’ in your team....the dynamic playing style he’s brought to our League, the numbers on the turnstiles players like this bring in, the excitement in the club and town when it comes to Fri night games, the young fans who want their name and number on their shirts.

I hope he does surprise us all but it still isn’t an ‘X-Factor’ player for me.