george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: george williams to australia

Post by fozzieskem »

ian b wrote:
Suzieb wrote:I wont miss him never markee pkayer
i wouldn't want him to go and under a new coach who knows how good he could be
Must admit I’ve been guilty of it myself but I don’t buy it’s the coaches fault/new coach will make it all wonderful argument,he’s a professional sportsman and as such it may be this is as good as he gets..who knows,but his current form isn’t purely down to Wane
billy's pineapple ring

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

How good did Richardson look today playing behind a pack going backwards, this is what Williams has had to contend with for most of this season. Williams has so such much more ability than Richardson, the shackles need to come off. He does not organise or kick as well as Richardson so that expectation needs to be re thought, he is a game breaker and needs to be allowed to do that and play off the cuff.In my opinion he could be the most exciting half back to play for Wigan since Andy Gregory. He is still only a kid, I just hope that he fulfils his huge potential at the DW.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Although the sport is completely different from his day, frankly I would be amazed if Williams ever achieved the standard in his all-round game that Andy Gregory had. He is a talented lad, but hardly to be compared to the greats, I'd say.
billy's pineapple ring

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

I am not saying he is or will be as good as Andy Gregory, although I would dearly love him to turn out to be so,but I feel that that would be too much to hope for , I am saying that he could be the best SINCE Greg.He has tons of natural ability I just hope he finds the confidence to express himself for the rest of the season.
ian b

Post by ian b »

fozzieskem wrote:
ian b wrote:
Suzieb wrote:I wont miss him never markee pkayer
i wouldn't want him to go and under a new coach who knows how good he could be
Must admit I’ve been guilty of it myself but I don’t buy it’s the coaches fault/new coach will make it all wonderful argument,he’s a professional sportsman and as such it may be this is as good as he gets..who knows,but his current form isn’t purely down to Wane
if he signs for another team trust me. watch how good he turns out
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian b wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
ian b wrote: i wouldn't want him to go and under a new coach who knows how good he could be
That’s meaningless sorry but it just is,if he goes and I doubt it btw,he have not only a new coach,new team mates,new house,new haircut his whole life would change but yes let’s carry on blaming Wane for his patchy form
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Just to repeat myself, he's the best young halfback in Superleague. All the Danny Richardson fans on here, I hope you watched the game today!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm sure I remember watching a U19s game last year where Josh Woods totally outplayed Jake Trueman. Because Woods was playing behind a dominant Wigan pack. Does this mean Woods is a better player than Trueman? Not in my book, or, I expect, in yours either.

I would suggest a similar situation here.
ian b

Post by ian b »

fozzieskem wrote:
ian b wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Must admit I’ve been guilty of it myself but I don’t buy it’s the coaches fault/new coach will make it all wonderful argument,he’s a professional sportsman and as such it may be this is as good as he gets..who knows,but his current form isn’t purely down to Wane
That’s meaningless sorry but it just is,if he goes and I doubt it btw,he have not only a new coach,new team mates,new house,new haircut his whole life would change but yes let’s carry on blaming Wane for his patchy form
not blamed wane once i just believe his style of play would be better in different circumstances. i am one of the only ones on here that refuses to slag players or coaches off
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:Just to repeat myself, he's the best young halfback in Superleague. All the Danny Richardson fans on here, I hope you watched the game today!!
Richardson had one poor game, Williams has had umpteen, hes average and overated imo.