Wigan v Cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan v Cas

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote:
maximus wrote:yet again we can only play for 40 mins

time to bring lam in now
Sorry pal, don't know you but that's rubbish.

Cas did everything legal and illegal to win. The team played for Waney tonight.
He's right. We let Cas score a pretty soft try early on in the 2nd half and panicked defensively from then on. The shape went, players shooting out and doing things like trying an impossible offload in front of our sticks the led to a kockon on and a try in that set.. Two of theirs were on the last tackle FFS.
Personally I'm underwhelmed by the appointment of Lam. It smacks of the glory boys in suits trying to appease the fans.
Well I wonder if in a game like that he'd bring a rookie on for the last seven minutes? That is what Wane did and OK, if every other forward was injured fair enough but if not, good grief that is the kind of coaching I will be glad to see the back of.
Let's see what happens next season.
Unless there is more recruitment (and not just Lam jnr that looks a possibility) whoever would have been coach starts with a weaker squad than we have now. The club and fans can't expect him to "do a Madge" with Players of the quality of Bateman and Sam T leaving.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

First half great performance from Williams. Harder for him in 2nd half due to poor team performance. Williams and Sutton probably had excuse for tiring, first match back. Sam had migraine apparently. Bateman our MoM by a mile, though a great debut by Partington, I thought.

A 4 pointer. Good to be 3 points clear of Cas, but might play them again in semi?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Not sure what happened 2nd half.

Williams again shows that there is talent there, but it needs to be directed.

The worrying thing for next year is that the three "X Factor" players either won't be here next year or are rumoured not to be.

^ Sorry for grammar but way too tired to re-read
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Just got home. Can someone answer me a question? Was the South stand singing your'e shit. to our team or Castleford. I only ask as our team seemed more worthy of that chant in the second half. to let a 20 point lead go. Now that is Shit.

Tomkins went off and the whole game plan goes out of the window. Again one player is the only one who is able to tell rest what to do. It's usually Lockers, tonight it was Tomkins, he went off and the game goes to rat shit.

Castleford were allowed to score easy tries. Two of them were very questionable, but they were allowed to get back into a position to score them. For God sake what are some of these players getting paid for. Castleford were not that good, our team made them look good. On tonight's display the only way our team are going to get to the Grand Final is if they buy tickets.

Adrian Lam must be wondering what he is taking on with that display he watched. Some of our players should hang their heads in shame after tonights second half display!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Second half was shocking the lack of shape and leadership must be s huge worry,Cas where poor but still have Wigan the run around in that second half.

Lenegan and Radlinski are going to have to get their thinking caps on the quality isn’t coming through,so replacements are going to have to be brought in otherwise it’s going to be a long season.

Partington went well as did Sarge,was it just me or was the crowd a little “flat” tonight?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote: Lenegan and Radlinski are going to have to get their thinking caps on the quality isn’t coming through,so replacements are going to have to be brought in otherwise it’s going to be a long season.
Hit the nail on the head there I think.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Lenegan and Radlinski are going to have to get their thinking caps on the quality isn’t coming through,so replacements are going to have to be brought in otherwise it’s going to be a long season.
Hit the nail on the head there I think.
Don't hold your breath, there will be very little movement unless others leave!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Wintergreen wrote:Not sure what happened 2nd half.

Williams again shows that there is talent there, but it needs to be directed.

The worrying thing for next year is that the three "X Factor" players either won't be here next year or are rumoured not to be.

^ Sorry for grammar but way too tired to re-read
First half Wigan pack on top, half backs shine. Second half Cas pack on top half backs struggle. As Giz has already said, our forwards need to make yards to allow our halves to play, after the break they didn't do that. A bigger and more nasty pack required.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Massive difference in quality between Sam and Morgan. The club has made a big error in allowing the aforementioned to leave.
shaunedwardsfanclub

yokozuna wrote:We did win that easily. The try at the end should have been ruled off, as the player who picked the ball up was metres in front of the kicker.

Also the try where the ball hit the post, Milner ran in, ran away from the ball to take Tommy out, but it was ruled as OK. Isa runs slightly off the line on another kick, and it's a penalty. Can someone explain the difference?

Second half they were always going to score some tries, especially with a few of our lads suffering from knocks and whatever Tomkins had. We certainly needed him back on at the end.
He was sick, credit the doc for getting him back on the field.