MM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: MM

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I agree. Well done to him, on every front. We can be happy with our season as well, so everyone is happy!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I agree. Well done to him, on every front. We can be happy with our season as well, so everyone is happy!
How are you happy with our season so far? We haven’t won anything yet or can you see into a crystal bal? Fact is MM was a huge factor in helping Catalans win a CC, if we still had him we would be a better team and have more chance of winning the GF, however without we still could but it will be tougher!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Wintergreen wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Mike wrote:I'm not sure I agree with this re-writing history that we got rid of him because of poor performances. That didn't seem to happen at all to me, he was just coming back after injury and that looked to be going according to schedule. It was a bit of a shock that he went and no real explanation was given IMO.

Right now he's just playing as I would expect him to given his career up to this point, no better or worse than he did for us. He was always a top quality SL hooker and to get rid of him because TL was suddenly available for a season seemed like a weird decision then and it still does now. I'm sure more was going on behind the scenes when the decision was made.
I agree. The idea it made sense to get rid because he wasn't 100% after a long absence due to injury when he then goes and shows he's ready for 2018 with his WC performances made the the decision to sell baffling.

He proved in the CC he is a big game player and if we get to the GF and we play Saints, there will be one player who is glad he is no longer a Wigan player if he is playing, Roby who I have yet to see have a good game against him.

What makes selling him worse is the club has left itself in a worse state in that position then before he left. None of Powell, Ganson or TL are as good a 9. Most people on here knew that and said that as well (with one notable exception). God knows what Rads ans IL were thinking.

I can remember when Wigan used to move senior players on when they reached a certain age despite still being very good players. The reason they did was because they had an even better player lined up. IL and Rads seem to have forgotten that half of the equation with this one.
:D Much that I like MM, are you seriously suggesting he is better than Roby?

Roby is one of the VERY few world class GB players we have (even now in his twighlight years).
Roby is world class?

I don’t recall DaveO suggesting MM is better than Roby but it is a bit strange that whenever they play against each other Roby goes missing!

How has Roby played at international level throughout his career, has he shown he is world class?

Since Cunningham retired I think Roby has won 1 GF, against 12 men and no MM, coincidence? I don’t think it is, like I said when the going gets tough Roby is often found wanting, just like in the CC semi very recently!

Roby has been a very good week to week SL hooker and consistently dazzling to watch against weaker opposition, however in a one off must win match, give me MM all day long!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Hope TBW enjoyed last night’s game. When you consider it was without Sam and MM it was the greatest against the odds performance since Rorke’s Drift. Though perhaps it was impossible to enjoy because we haven’t won anything yet. ????
TrueBlueWarrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I agree. Well done to him, on every front. We can be happy with our season as well, so everyone is happy!
How are you happy with our season so far? We haven’t won anything yet or can you see into a crystal bal? Fact is MM was a huge factor in helping Catalans win a CC, if we still had him we would be a better team and have more chance of winning the GF, however without we still could but it will be tougher!
Just a reminder Exile that you clearly said ‘we can be happy with our season’, why because we are second and won nothing yet and got pummelled in a CC quarter final!

I am far from happy with our season, I find it strange that you are, however I am happy with last nights result and will be even more happy IF we win a GF, if we don’t then it will be a terrible season, but as long as you are happy with the season fair enough!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Each to their own. I tend to try and get the most joy as I can from a season, and so am happy to enjoy the week after any victory, however scrappy. I like to savour the journey. Who knows where we will end up, but so far this year is 100 times more enjoyable than last. For me, and purely for me. Let’s hope we both end up very happy indeed.
TrueBlueWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Each to their own. I tend to try and get the most joy as I can from a season, and so am happy to enjoy the week after any victory, however scrappy. I like to savour the journey. Who knows where we will end up, but so far this year is 100 times more enjoyable than last. For me, and purely for me. Let’s hope we both end up very happy indeed.
Can’t argue with that!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Tbw....... i agree that ide have mm ahead of roby any day of the week and that mm always gets the better ov him 1 on 1.... i do, however still think roby is class...... only problem is that his game is dependant on quick play the balls whereas mm can do things when there's no go forward in a team.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I'm afraid Roby's jock strap usually gets soiled when MM is up against.
I fully agree that whatever the circumstances of his departure, we would be a far better side with him on board, if only for his grunt!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield