Millward agrees with us!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Millward agrees with us!

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=1662
"Now Millward has trained his sights on the 20-20 rule, the RFL legislation which states no more than 20 players at any Super League club can be paid more than £20,000 a year.
He said: "The serious worry is it inhibits the progress of promising juniors.
"The bigger picture is that we already have a salary cap of £1.8m in place.
"I don't have a problem with that, but clubs themselves should be allowed to decide what they pay their players within those set boundaries."
Lindsay has long advocated the 20-20 rule stifles clubs such as Wigan when the
try to run thriving youth
development programmes.
He believes the bye-law prevents clubs from adequately rewarding promising teenage players, so hindering the
production line that eventually should lead to the ranks of Great Britain team.
Lindsay also argues expenditure on players under 19-years-old shouldn't count under the salary cap."
Red Hot Mama

Re: Millward agrees with us!

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Maybe that's why Milly would like them to play for just the pride in their shirts!
Brian's Girl

exile in Tiger country

Re: Millward agrees with us!

Post by exile in Tiger country »

According to SKY text John Kear has made a similar call today for the abandonment (I think that's a word) of the 20/20 rule
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Wizard_Millward

Re: Millward agrees with u...

Post by Wizard_Millward »

exile in Tiger country posted:
According to SKY text John Kear has made a similar call today for the abandonment (I think that's a word) of the 20/20 rule
Abolishment :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

See here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 461102.stm

Makes ense to me but then it would as I have been saying it for ages.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I've yet to speak to a rugby league fan who does think that the 20/20 is a good idea!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Wizard_Millward posted:
Abolishment :wink:
Abolition?:doz:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:
I've yet to speak to a rugby league fan who does think that the 20/20 is a good idea!
Go on the rlfans board and say the 20/20 is rubbish and you will have fans queuing up to argue with you. Mostly Saints fans who seem to think anything that Wigan or their fans don't like must be good for the game.

They can't see past their predudice of the club to have a sensible discussion about it coming up with the most bizarre justifications.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

DaveO posted:
Matthew posted:
Go on the rlfans board and say the 20/20 is rubbish and you will have fans queuing up to argue with you. Mostly Saints fans who seem to think anything that Wigan or their fans don't like must be good for the game.

They can't see past their predudice of the club to have a sensible discussion about it coming up with the most bizarre justifications.

Dave
Sorry Dave, what I meant was I haven't met any sane RL fans worth talking to that support it.

I gave up on RLFans ages ago - it should be called brainlessSaintsTrolls.com

Anybody who supports the 20/20 is obviously not a fan of GB - or the future of rugby league in general
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

end? :wink:
Campions of the rugby world.