Mr Whelan on GMR thurs night RL hour

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AJ

Mr Whelan on GMR thurs night RL hour

Post by AJ »

did anyone catch the interview jacko did with mr whelan?

his comments were amazing? he said he knows fans want their RL played on sunday afternoons @ 3 o'clock

now whilst he said maurice runs the rl side of things..bloody hell, he is the owner, get us back to sunday afternoons next season please mr whelan

also, he said, he would like the next tv deal to be on the BBC!!!with one game a week shown on a saturday afternoon!!!

all other games sundays @ 3

very intresting from mr whelan
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Pie_Eater14

good idea's but it wouldn't work

Post by Pie_Eater14 »

i dont think this would work in super league because teams like (WIHAN, bradford, leeds, and possibly huddersfield) all share grounds with football teams who normally always play on saturday afternoons. as for the bbc it would be great for rugby leeague if they did get a saturday showing on grandstand everyweek but i think the super league show on a sunday morning is extremly poor compared to the rugby league world on wednesday evenings on sky.(thats my opinion anyway!)
By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen
AJ

correct

Post by AJ »

your spot on, i personally think we do need the national exposore the bbc can bring not this sh1t attempt at a northern show on a sunday morning

sky rule the roost as far as sports coverage goes, maybe if the beeb were to show some respect say a thursday night show @ 10.30 nationally for an hour called the RL hour or sommat, huge figures, national profile without losing the superb coverage of sky !
pk1

sky is ridiculous

Post by pk1 »

i dont have sky and therefore miss out on the majority of games shown

why are our national sports sold down the river by greedy organisations lookin for a quick buck? the football being a prime example and the financial difficulties, although unfortunate for the fans, is the just deserts for the greedy bosses of clubs like bury etc etc etc.

the fact taht international games in all sports are restricted to sky alienates quite a number of us...its ridiculous...the beeb should dip their hand sin their pockets or better still tony blair should do something about it...but i bet even number 10 has a minidish...
Mike
Site Admin

BBC rubbish how about C4?

Post by Mike »

I think the BBC's coverage of spots is rubbish and has been for many years. They show no sign of updating coverage styles, especially with the RL. SKY at least presents the sport in a professional manner.

If we went to free TV I think a good move would be Channel4. They've done wonders with the cricket coverage, and present all the sports they do cover in a professional way. I realise we would have to convince them as they are not a large sports channel and would have to find space, but they certainly wouldn't have to be persuaded to give the game national coverage. I feel if the BBC did bid for RL, they would do so on a platform of regional magazine programs in the north and one match on Grandstand, fronted by Ray French carping on about the 'old days', with constant football scores flashing over the action, crap camera angles and snide comments from whoever the main presenter was at half time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
AJ

maybe...

Post by AJ »

mike, i also think the coverage that the bbc gives to RL can @ best be described as crap! however i did feel that the semi finals this year the coverage was excellent cause steven ryder wasnt presenting but the lovely claire balding was, this lady seemed to have a genuine enthuiasm for the game, unlike mr ryder who just likes running it down in comparrison to rowing and ruggers !

as for channel 4 they do do an excellent job with cricket, and one would think if they could be convinced they would do a good job for RL