Barrow v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Barrow v Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

Cheeky bugger! I only had mud on my hands 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

The conditions were horrendous but I thought our young forwards did quite well in the circumstances. I also thought Tautai was our best player which is hopefully a sign of things to come. He's one of the players who could really improve under Lam if he's after a more expansive style of play. One thing Tautai can do well if offload and if that's something that's going to come into our game a bit more then T could be like a new signing.

Joe Shorrocks was also very impressive. Even though it was a game that would seem to suit the bigger guys he was incredibly effective at loose forward. We've got a hell of a lot of promising forwards at the club right now.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I agree Tautai was immense during the game & played long minutes.

Our style of rugby was always going to ineffective in those conditions & I think our young lads did extremely well 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan