Time for the Club to Ruthless

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

Time for the Club to Ruthless

Post by acwrlfc »

After yet another defeat, I think the time has come for some honest assessments and tough decisions that need to be made.

Average home grown players need to moved on and investment has to made in key areas.
we are carrying a squad that has too many players who are guaranteed to miss a vast majority of the season due to injuries. SOL, Flower Clubb, Farrell. Lam said a lot of these injuries are contact injuries I beg to differ there are a fair share of muscle pulls in there!!

Hamlin needs to be fired off right here and now and replaced. Why are we supporting him?

Why do we have so many late withdrawals on match days surely players want to play

i believe the current regime under KR is dare i say it to soft!!!

i have said on numerous threads that i think a great deal of these issues stem from KR and i seeimg nothing to change my mind, his obession with hiring people who know the Wigan way is damaging the club as his obession with retaining all these home grown players who are all out on loan. If there is no res comp then these players have no future at Wigan.

Tough decisions need to made and the decision maker cant be mates with them all,

Massive chamges all across the board are required
Caboosegg

Re: Time for the Club to Ruthless

Post by Caboosegg »

Id disagree with Farrell i believe he is going to be intergral to Wigan going forward.

But we have a mass of players still on the book that even if not on the cap are using resource.

While i don't mind having a big squad as it has in the past helped us it needs to be balanced.

Reserves may help this next season as you can have some back ups but as we are seeing the lack of opportunities for young uns to get experience means they are just being put in the firing line.

Not to pick on one player but what is happening with Forsyth? He seems unable to break into the squad and is farmed out on lone constantly. We even picked up Hankingston last season insyead of giving the lad a shot.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

acwrlfc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:11 pm After yet another defeat, I think the time has come for some honest assessments and tough decisions that need to be made.

Average home grown players need to moved on and investment has to made in key areas.
we are carrying a squad that has too many players who are guaranteed to miss a vast majority of the season due to injuries. SOL, Flower Clubb, Farrell. Lam said a lot of these injuries are contact injuries I beg to differ there are a fair share of muscle pulls in there!!

Hamlin needs to be fired off right here and now and replaced. Why are we supporting him?

Why do we have so many late withdrawals on match days surely players want to play

i believe the current regime under KR is dare i say it to soft!!!

i have said on numerous threads that i think a great deal of these issues stem from KR and i seeimg nothing to change my mind, his obession with hiring people who know the Wigan way is damaging the club as his obession with retaining all these home grown players who are all out on loan. If there is no res comp then these players have no future at Wigan.

Tough decisions need to made and the decision maker cant be mates with them all,

Massive chamges all across the board are required
Spot on.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

IL go now
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Forsyth is a perfect example he is not good enough and never going to be given a shout.

Half backs are the same Shorrockks not SL standard, Woods and Smith on loan and Sammutt who has surprised one or two but what is the strategy.

Professional sport is a ruthless business and I dont think KR is capable of making these harsh decisions
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Any business standing still in any industry and not investing and making poor recruitment decisions will struggle in a competitive business, not just rugby
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The squad is far too big,with nowhere near the quality I think KR and IL think it is,I’d add Ganson to the list he’s another one who just doesn’t look like he’s going to make it,be ruthless someone is going to have to be at some point as the side is limping along at present.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:34 pm Id disagree with Farrell i believe he is going to be intergral to Wigan going forward.

But we have a mass of players still on the book that even if not on the cap are using resource.

While i don't mind having a big squad as it has in the past helped us it needs to be balanced.

Reserves may help this next season as you can have some back ups but as we are seeing the lack of opportunities for young uns to get experience means they are just being put in the firing line.

Not to pick on one player but what is happening with Forsyth? He seems unable to break into the squad and is farmed out on lone constantly. We even picked up Hankingston last season insyead of giving the lad a shot.
Do you happen to have any info on Farrells injury record over the last 3 years? From memory he’s missed at least half of each season. Can therefore not be depended on.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."