Drummers in the stands

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: Drummers in the stands

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
mike binder posted:
OJ posted:
Must admit I like them myself - just wouldn't want to be sat directly in front of them! Think we would probably miss them if they weren't there. Why not give the drummer his own place in that viewing area at the top of the west stand - preferably right behind Stevo :D
THING IS WITH THAT YOU KNOW WERE THEY SIT AS IN THE EAST STAND THEY HAVE RESERVED SEATS,so you know were they are if you dont like sit somewhere else i stand on the back row right next to binder senior and binder junior :roll: :wink: :doz:
Since the person objecting to the drumming will also most likely be in a reserved seat (season ticket holder) how are they supposed to sit somewhere else? And whay should they? They probably bought the seat for where it is view-wise and sit with friends etc and may have been there since day one of us moving to the JJB.

Season tickets don't come with a "drumming proximity warning".

Dave
and the drum as been there from day 1 u know were he sits so if you dont like you have the option of sitting else were
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
fishpot

Post by fishpot »

Having sat two rows in front of the Leeds "band" in the Stretford End at Old Trafford I can say that it is annoying to say the least.
What they needed was a greater repotoire, having to listen to Steptoe and Son all the way through the Grand Final ruined my enjoyment of the game.
As far as the drums at Wigan are concerned why not let them sit in the South side of the East stand, which is always sparsely populated, but near enough to gee on the kids.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if u dont like wer the drum is situated then move away from it. im fine wer i sit as i sit behind the sticks in south. if you dont like them then jsut mov elike you said they have always been there so there is nor eason why they should move now
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

mike binder posted:
DaveO posted:
mike binder posted: THING IS WITH THAT YOU KNOW WERE THEY SIT AS IN THE EAST STAND THEY HAVE RESERVED SEATS,so you know were they are if you dont like sit somewhere else i stand on the back row right next to binder senior and binder junior :roll: :wink: :doz:
Since the person objecting to the drumming will also most likely be in a reserved seat (season ticket holder) how are they supposed to sit somewhere else? And whay should they? They probably bought the seat for where it is view-wise and sit with friends etc and may have been there since day one of us moving to the JJB.

Season tickets don't come with a "drumming proximity warning".

Dave
and the drum as been there from day 1 u know were he sits so if you dont like you have the option of sitting else were
I think what Dave is saying is that if you have been sitting there for example since the first game at the JJB why should you have to change your seat because you find the drumming annoying or deafening or it ruins enjoyment? Both have just as much right to their place. You don't know who you will be sitting next to when booking tickets and in reserved circumstances it's not possible to change seats, it's the same argument as the smoking one, why should I change seats with a good view which I've got there early for, just because someone else is smoking and damaging my health?
I don't think Wigan can have had thatmany complaints about the drummer though or something would have been done. Personally hope they stay.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I'm with Pie Eater on this one, keep the drummers or even better, get them spread around the South and East Stand to drum up (sorry about that one) the chanting.
As long as we don't follow the Bulls where they only sing when told to by the P/A music!!!! :eusa3:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
mstiggy

Post by mstiggy »

I bought a season ticket to be especially near to the drummers in the East Stand cos of the atmosphere so they better had not get rid!
Whats up with these morons, if they have come out to get a bit of peace and quiet go for a walk in the park. :angry:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

well said mstiggy the more noise the better the atmosphere and i,m sure this spurs the players on
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Well I've just got to say that us prawn sandwich boys find that fearful racket coming from the cheaper seats simply dreadful!! :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mike binder posted:
My tickets (block of three) were purchased before the start of the 1st season so I had no way of knowing if a drummer or anyone else such as someone smoking would be close by. So no, I didn't know where the drummer sits when I bought the tickets.

I bought my seat based on where it was in the ground. Close to half way. You know very well such seats do not become available regularly so to say move if you don't like the drumming is simplistic. It would most likely involve moving to seats with a poorer view.

As it happens I am far enough down from the drumming to be an irritation rather than outright annoyance but I would prefer it if he hung up his drumsticks. If some twit with drum took up residence close by THEY would be asked to move!

Drums should be restricted unreserved seating areas to the South Stand where people CAN move out of the way if they don't like the racket.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
I think what Dave is saying is that if you have been sitting there for example since the first game at the JJB why should you have to change your seat because you find the drumming annoying or deafening or it ruins enjoyment? Both have just as much right to their place. You don't know who you will be sitting next to when booking tickets and in reserved circumstances it's not possible to change seats, it's the same argument as the smoking one, why should I change seats with a good view which I've got there early for, just because someone else is smoking and damaging my health?
Got it in one Mrs Lam.

Dave