Paul Johnson on his Wigan Warriors exit - and his future plans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Paul Johnson on his Wigan Warriors exit - and his future plans

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:24 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:Think what is more worrying is he says he is victim of cost cutting but surely he must of been one of the cheapest fitness guys around having literally only worked with the academy prior to this gig so im not sure he could of commanded that high a wage and lets face it youve all on short of getting someone straight out of uni to get anyone with less experience than he had

so what are we going to take on an apprentice here or is this all to make room on the coaching roster for tommy and lockers? because im sorry but Michael Maguire proved how vital fitness was when he brought bitcon in who completely changed us as a team and made us in to animals

that comment is about cost saving is disturbing if true and once again highlights Radders inability to run the club properly
I agree with that. If he’d been let go because the club has realised we need a more experienced fitness team I’d be happier but if it’s cost cutting I am not sure how a professional sports team functions without a proper fitness coach.

On a personal level I feel sorry for him and Mick Cassidy. It’s never a good experience to lose you job but he least he’s being positive about it.
My thoughts too,we have all questioned the fitness since Bitcon left so for him to go for that reason is fair,but as a cost cutting excerise?

That’s worrying
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:28 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:Think what is more worrying is he says he is victim of cost cutting but surely he must of been one of the cheapest fitness guys around having literally only worked with the academy prior to this gig so im not sure he could of commanded that high a wage and lets face it youve all on short of getting someone straight out of uni to get anyone with less experience than he had

so what are we going to take on an apprentice here or is this all to make room on the coaching roster for tommy and lockers? because im sorry but Michael Maguire proved how vital fitness was when he brought bitcon in who completely changed us as a team and made us in to animals

that comment is about cost saving is disturbing if true and once again highlights Radders inability to run the club properly
I agree with that. If he’d been let go because the club has realised we need a more experienced fitness team I’d be happier but if it’s cost cutting I am not sure how a professional sports team functions without a proper fitness coach.

On a personal level I feel sorry for him and Mick Cassidy. It’s never a good experience to lose you job but he least he’s being positive about it.
My thoughts too,we have all questioned the fitness since Bitcon left so for him to go for that reason is fair,but as a cost cutting excerise?

That’s worrying
Questioned fitness? We look to be the fittest team in the league!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:36 pm

That’s worrying
Salford are a very fit team.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

That’s worrying
We don’t.

There’s been a clear difference since Bitcon left.

You could also question our injury record.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:58 pm Think what is more worrying is he says he is victim of cost cutting but surely he must of been one of the cheapest fitness guys around having literally only worked with the academy prior to this gig so im not sure he could of commanded that high a wage and lets face it youve all on short of getting someone straight out of uni to get anyone with less experience than he had

I don't see why Lockers or Tommy need to be given coaching roles at the club, Theres no law that states they have to, Jobs for the boys needs to stop and positions need to be given to the best candidates regardless of where they have played, Let Lockers and Tommy go and sign a top class fitness bloke who is as good as or even better than Bitcon
Not looked at other clubs to compare how many established/retiring players automatically move up onto the coaching ladder, the continuatity of the club systems may be a factor, it definitely seems jobs for the boys indeed, disappointing for Paul n Mick if cost cutting is the reason for leaving or is it to make way for a top notch fitness guru?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

That’s worrying
Sorry but there’s been a huge difference between the Bitcon era and now
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Are they clearing decks for SOL and Tommy
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:13 pm

That’s worrying
We don’t.

Questioning our injury record was quite fashionable when Bitcon was here. Training ground injuries - Wane's fault, I believe.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:13 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:36 pm Questioned fitness? We look to be the fittest team in the league!
We don’t.

Questioning our injury record was quite fashionable when Bitcon was here. Training ground injuries - Wane's fault, I believe.
That was supposed to due to the full contact full on training game Wane was supposed to have them playing in the build up to the weekend game. Not the fitness conditioning.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

What a waste if its SOL and TL as they are rugby players and not specialized fitness coaches, which at elite level is a totally different skill set, they are schooled in on field playing tactics and bringing on the youngsters like Harry Smith.