Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Burgess

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The guy is obviously not right, his gait suggests he is carrying an injury. There is no way that he can be training full on. I am sure he wants to get out there and do his best for the team but his body will not allow it which is sad. George needs to find out if the issue can be sorted if not he needs to think very seriously about his future. I feel sorry for him, he is in a no win position and the future could look bleak. Wigan need to help him by insisting that he doesn’t train or play until they have got to the bottom of the problem.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 am The guy is obviously not right, his gait suggests he is carrying an injury. There is no way that he can be training full on. I am sure he wants to get out there and do his best for the team but his body will not allow it which is sad. George needs to find out if the issue can be sorted if not he needs to think very seriously about his future. I feel sorry for him, he is in a no win position and the future could look bleak. Wigan need to help him by insisting that he doesn’t train or play until they have got to the bottom of the problem.
Really fair points here, agree 100%
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

endoman wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:57 pm 120 kg rumoured by Clarke. Looked like when Boris Johnson plays sport.
Boris did steamroller the opposition though! ;)
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:56 am
endoman wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:57 pm 120 kg rumoured by Clarke. Looked like when Boris Johnson plays sport.
Boris did steamroller the opposition though! ;)
To be fair he didn’t have much to beat.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 am The guy is obviously not right, his gait suggests he is carrying an injury. There is no way that he can be training full on. I am sure he wants to get out there and do his best for the team but his body will not allow it which is sad. George needs to find out if the issue can be sorted if not he needs to think very seriously about his future. I feel sorry for him, he is in a no win position and the future could look bleak. Wigan need to help him by insisting that he doesn’t train or play until they have got to the bottom of the problem.
Fingers need to be pointed all over. Lam
said about two months ago that Burgess will not play again until the injury is resolved.

What is going on?

Injury or no injury, he was on the pitch last night for between 20-25 mins and made 1 run. That says a little more to me, he’s either scared, low on confidence, can’t be bothered or all 3.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

There is obviously something going on as he made 1 run.

An impact prop would have got the ball once or twice per set, at least at the start.

The game plan must therefore have been NOT to pass to him.

If that's the case, why was he in the 17?
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Not shure how much Burgess SOL and Clubb are taking of the Salery cap but we are not getting value for money from the three of them.Like to know how many minutes they have played colectivey all season
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I sort of understand (but don't agree with) the club wanting to use a major investment but he needs not to be near the first team until at least next season. Patently not right and it could be disastrous if he is one of the 17 in the play-offs.
Send him away to get sorted and think about him for next season. I'm not convinced personally that he's ever going to be right but give him a chance next year and not before.
pedro

Post by pedro »

pearsy wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:59 am Not shure how much Burgess SOL and Clubb are taking of the Salery cap but we are not getting value for money from the three of them.Like to know how many minutes they have played colectivey all season
and manfredi
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 pm He’s clearly not fit,if I where the owner I’d be bloody annoyed at the “medical” he had when he signed as he’s not been right since day one
Apparently Johnson said something similar and questioned why we had signed him and now he is leaving! Coincidence??