Hastings. Again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gerrumonside

Re: Hastings. Again.

Post by Gerrumonside »

It’s completely wrong is what it is - he’s meant to be a professional and has already demanded & stayed longer than he should have and that with the season starting in a few weeks time?!?

Taking the p*** if you ask me...
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

This get at hastings is getting boring. For chxxsts sake.he he has permission from club as been always true to his word yet he only one getting slated can i ask where is bevan French. All silent with his absence. Oh but that's okay. Hastings will do as promised as he as done with every club so is a man of his word we already knew his desire to go home. So no story brought up to knock him. Give it a rest.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Don't seem the point it getting annoyed

We are still in a pandemic that hasnt been managed that well in the UK, id stay in Australia as long as possible as well.

Hes still in contract so worse case scenario is he breaks this and we get a settlement fee and the club gets some much needed funs.

Best case scenario its all just hot air and hes in a wigan shirt and happy first game of the season.

I'm just happy that we can watch games again, missed rugby more than usual this time.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:36 pm This get at hastings is getting boring. For chxxsts sake.he he has permission from club as been always true to his word yet he only one getting slated can i ask where is bevan French. All silent with his absence. Oh but that's okay. Hastings will do as promised as he as done with every club so is a man of his word we already knew his desire to go home. So no story brought up to knock him. Give it a rest.

You must have missed everything I’ve said.

Hastings refused to come home because Wigan refused to release him from his contract.

Wigan then reluctantly agreed to let him stay in Aus longer.

Wigan then informed French he could stay longer in line with Hastings stating longer.

Thats why there is no talk of French being a dickhead.

Hastings was supposed to fly home this weekend (Again) and so far has managed again to get out of doing so (third time)

The article isn't the problem, nothing new was said. Its the repetition and begging to get a contract back home when all he has done is piss Wigan around on full pay - which is being paid for in part by the fans donating money to the club. It absolutely stinks. No professionalism at all.

Fans saying all sorts like “leave him alone” have a day off he’s took Wigan for an absolute ride.

I have no problem with him wanting to return home to the NRL but there are ways and means of doing it. I can guarantee as well that once he pulls on a Wigan shirt (if he does) I will support the bloke 100%. But personally knowing the sacrifices a lot of the players have taken over the past year Jackson has took the absolute piss. No matter what anyone says or what anyones opinion is RE laying off him a bit / we don't have a problem with him disrespecting wigan etc etc you will not change what I know. The bloke has been classless.

I obviously respect everyones opinions massively but please trust me. A lot has happened this post season with certain players that has majorly pissed off the squad/ management.

Key line from Jacksons interview talks about “Gaining respect from a playing group” he doesn't have it here because of how he acts and the way he thinks he is bigger than the club.

Ive had a few beers and Im leaving it there before I say some shit Im not supposed too.

Cant wait to see the boys smash it this season with or without Hastings.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Thing is with the french thing

Ok you could say that he’s been offered the extended stay due to hastings but he’s not back is he? So how does that make him anymore committed to the cause because if he was he’d of said “no I need to get back to be with the team”

Also if true yet again shows a complete lack of management by wigan because you would want french back if you need them back
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan,

What other players have p1ssed off management post season?

Cheers for the info
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:28 pm I'm a grown adult, what's Googling?
🤣🤣
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Didn't miss anything. I just don't believe he did ask or spat dummy out.. end of. My opinion and entitled to it. He will be back of that I never had any doubts
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Is it not about time the club made a statement about this issue instead of trying to flog season tickets to loyal fans who do not know when they can watch their team,and also we are 3 weeks away from our first match and we still don't know who will be playing for us,very poor in my opinion.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Just thinking the same thing once again club is quite on the matter maybe they know as much as the rest of us. I know if I had treated my employees like this I would be looking at my UB40 and not drinking red red wine