Today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Today's game

Post by Firestarter »

I thought harry smith was unlucky to be dropped/benched for tommy last season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:12 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:48 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 am

He’s missed a load pre season.

Whilst he has been training in Aus, it won’t be the same and he hasn’t been in and around the team getting used to the ball plays and skills again.

If it was as easy as just being fit, why bother with pre season? Why bother with training at all?

Hastings having extended leave is perfectly acceptable given the conditions, what I do find strange though is he was going to be back before the training ground got closed, it got closed, but then only returned 3-4 weeks after it re opened. Why?

Why wasn’t he landing in the UK mid Feb and ready to go when it re opened?
So I take it that you will not be happy if he is selected against Leigh?
I think Lam should only pick him if he thinks he’s ready.

He hasn’t played rugby for months and been in team training for months. Just because he’s “a fit lad” and a good half does not mean he will be ready to play against Leigh with less than two weeks of actual pre season training.
Given the circumstances would you pick him or select Tommy and Smith instead?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:20 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:12 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:48 am

So I take it that you will not be happy if he is selected against Leigh?
I think Lam should only pick him if he thinks he’s ready.

He hasn’t played rugby for months and been in team training for months. Just because he’s “a fit lad” and a good half does not mean he will be ready to play against Leigh with less than two weeks of actual pre season training.
Given the circumstances would you pick him or select Tommy and Smith instead?
Ide start him with smith on the bench....... leigh will try mix it up early so play him from start witha big pack........hopefully field will be fit for fullback and zak to centre....... otherwise ide start bateman centre as i just think hes a better option than willie......... if field is out it might mean both of them in centres....... personally ide like bibby back at centre and whichever kid on the wing........ one thing for sure is it will be a very interesting team selection off lammy
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

How can you not have your main play maker not at pre-season training???

MADNESS!

Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I said weeks ago that what is happening is not right but a lot of people on here did not agree with me,shocking.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:11 pm How can you not have your main play maker not at pre-season training???

MADNESS!
What is the problem with Hastings and French not being at preseason? Play the ball, pass to first receiver, barge up, get tackled, play the ball, same again and again, for 80 minutes. Last season the only time there was any variation was when Hastings,French, or Hardacker did something special. Lamb seems incapable of coaching any sort of game plan. Leeds in the semifinal, St Helens in the Premiership final, and now Salford ( even though only a friendly) charged up at the play the ball and that was enough to beat us. Lam can’t even get Bibby to wear longer studs to stop him falling over. Because of the exceptional effort of the players ( not having a go at them ) no doubt we will be there or there abouts come play off time.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:11 pm How can you not have your main play maker not at pre-season training???

MADNESS!
Suzieb wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:44 pm I said weeks ago that what is happening is not right but a lot of people on here did not agree with me,shocking.
You both know the reasons why they were given extended leave, it's been posted on here. What would you have done if you were in charge of the Wigan club?

Or are you just serial moaners?
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Sorry l didn’t realise l was moaning. I personally think Wigan will benefit from happy players. What l was trying to say was that it doesn’t matter if they are at preseason as Wigan will be playing the same way as last season
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

MADNESS!
He is involved in pre-season training.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

What I would of not done is let one of our main wingers go,let our back up centre go on loan,also I would not of relied on a winger coming back from a cruciate injury,and I would not of relied on a winger who has played a handful of games over the last 3 seasons,coupled to the fact that we still don't know when French is back I feel that this is a very poor show by the club with longer to prepare,and we are nowhere near ready.Allready we are on about moving back rowers into the centres and we have not played a game yet.