Jai Field reveals Wigan Warriors comeback target

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Jai Field reveals Wigan Warriors comeback target

Post by josie andrews »

Jai Field hopes to stay on course for a return to action in August.

The Australian suffered a nightmare start to his Wigan career, tearing his hamstring 19 minutes into his debut against Leigh in the opening game of the season on March 26.

Speedster Field, who had joined from Parramatta on a two year deal, underwent surgery four days later.

And after a frustrating few weeks, he has now taken the brace off and is more mobile as he targets a comeback later this summer.

The Australian suffered a nightmare start to his Wigan career, tearing his hamstring 19 minutes into his debut against Leigh in the opening game of the season on March 26.

I’ve never had anything like this before, I can’t recall missing more than one game before due to injury,” said the 23-year-old.

“It was pretty annoying at first, sleeping in the leg brace and for two weeks the leg was 60 degrees, and then two weeks at 30 degrees.

“After that I could hobble around but training was just upper body for a while.

They’ve said between four and a half months and five months, so I’m aiming for four and a half.

“Anywhere from early to mid-August, so I should hopefully still get some games as long as there are no rehab issues.”

Field was nursed back to help by pal Jackson Hastings for a few days until his partner arrived in the UK.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... et-3241955
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
HDS

Re: Jai Field reveals Wigan Warriors comeback target

Post by HDS »

Hopefully you will be back as soon as possible.

Stay positive, looking forward to seeing you wearing cherry and white again.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Good to hear.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Sounds awful and a real shame for the lad. I hope it all goes well but realistically we're not going to see much of him this season. We won't see his true worth this time around which is a real shame both for him and for the club especially with so many players leaving. Ideally he would have played so well this season that we'd know if and where he could fit in as a starter next season. Now we'll probably be left guessing and have to either make a signing or hope everything will be O.K. in 2022. Best of luck to him though, reading stories like this reminds us why players take the best money on offer and end up in the NRL or at wire.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Its bad enough with an achillies snap getting motion back into your calf, I can't imagine how tricky it would be to get flexibility back after having your knee locked behind you for weeks!

SOunds like they didnt' operate soe maybe not a complete tear?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Mike wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:16 pm Its bad enough with an achillies snap getting motion back into your calf, I can't imagine how tricky it would be to get flexibility back after having your knee locked behind you for weeks!

SOunds like they didnt' operate soe maybe not a complete tear?
I'm sure I've seen a picture of him after surgery.