Adrian Lam's plan of attack for Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Adrian Lam's plan of attack for Wigan Warriors

Post by Southern Softy »

Shouldn't this thread have a question mark at the end of the title?
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

At least it’s nice we have a plan... we do have one don’t we?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Is that a plan, or plan a?
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:33 pm Is that a plan, or plan a?
Ted, we haven't had a plan B or any other plan since John Monies first time here apart from a spell with Maguire and that wasn' t very nice to watch, chicken wing tackles, target the standing leg etc etc. Wanes 'yed down and thrutch' system was a winning formula but didn't make for attractive rugby but I think Lammy knows where he wants the team playing, it'll take time and we're all too impatient to see what he has in mind. No other club has had so much player movement or injuries in the last couple of years (Lams tenure incidentally) and we're still up there. The next Saints game will be the marker of what he's planning.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I just wish all fans to stop moaning, complaining & slagging off the club, the owner, coaches & players!

We’re not long in this world so just try & be kind & enjoy what we have for a change 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Josie i feel that the reaction from fans is one of frustration as when they have paid good money in a very difficult time where money is scarce and people loosing their jobs its hard to swallow the lack of information the owners keep from the fans. When we hear from other informants what is happening with player transfers etc its hard to swallow, if the club owners said we are selling some players to raise money to go after other players we want then fine or if we need to sell to balance the books also fine but no we are told nothing. We sell our best go forward to Warrington which is a smack in the teeth & give a contract to 10 minute a game Clubb which is crazy business like i say just tell us SOMETHING being planned we need to be informed as we are the fans who are the life blood of the club .
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:05 am Josie i feel that the reaction from fans is one of frustration as when they have paid good money in a very difficult time where money is scarce and people loosing their jobs its hard to swallow the lack of information the owners keep from the fans. When we hear from other informants what is happening with player transfers etc its hard to swallow, if the club owners said we are selling some players to raise money to go after other players we want then fine or if we need to sell to balance the books also fine but no we are told nothing. We sell our best go forward to Warrington which is a smack in the teeth & give a contract to 10 minute a game Clubb which is crazy business like i say just tell us SOMETHING being planned we need to be informed as we are the fans who are the life blood of the club .
Why do fans need to know, it serves no purpose apart from massaging egos. If Bullock has signed for Wire then it's up to them to announce it not Wigan. Have Saints announced that Fages or Bentley are leaving? It's up to the clubs they sign for to make the announcements.
Have Wire announced that Mamo is leaving?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

So everyone is happy the club doesn`t tell the paying customers anything for the future planning, that`s like paying money into a Black Hole .

Warrington and St Helens announce new players they sign or about to sign but nothing coming from Wigan not a hint of we are on the outlook for new players which may bring a glimmer of hope for the fans
moto748

Post by moto748 »

If Wigan fans need "a glimmer of hope" when their side is top of the league, I just wonder how supporters of Salford, Hull KR, etc, keep their sanity!

Let's not get too precious about this! I'm not saying everything is fine (it clearly isn't), but honestly, reading a lot of comments from Wigan fans, you'd think we were bottom of the league.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:26 pm So everyone is happy the club doesn`t tell the paying customers anything for the future planning, that`s like paying money into a Black Hole .

Warrington and St Helens announce new players they sign or about to sign but nothing coming from Wigan not a hint of we are on the outlook for new players which may bring a glimmer of hope for the fans
Not really.

You pay for current season not next.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."