Warriors coach 'embarrassed' after 'car-crash' capitulation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EagleEyePie

Re: Warriors coach 'embarrassed' after 'car-crash' capitulation

Post by EagleEyePie »

Hanley is the obvious choice at fullback. It would seem a bit daft to play anyone else there. You can ask questions about whether he's quite ready but we came into this season with him really being 4th choice fullback after French, Hardaker and Field. Once you're down to that level of depth I don't think you can really complain. Just give him a go.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Hanley would need a lot of support when and after taking the high ball and on yesterday's evidence, we're not bothering with basics like that. I wouldn't want to see a good take spoilt by seeing him pushed back yards over his own line.
I expect that will get sorted out in training though...........................................
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I'm not that sure Umyla will be fit for the next game.

I'm sure he took a bad knock late in the game and was struggling - what's the betting it's another player out 5 months with a hamstring
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:09 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:59 am
Dan2266 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:55 am Not a single player has had anything to say on social media.... strange
Nor should they after that debacle
They usually tweet out something apologetic thats what I'm meaning, its like they have all been told to stay off it...
Oh I knew what you meant Dan and I trust you know what I meant too,heads down for me no more Costa coffee pics on Instagram for a few days then start the apologies
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:04 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:09 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:59 am

Nor should they after that debacle
They usually tweet out something apologetic thats what I'm meaning, its like they have all been told to stay off it...
Oh I knew what you meant Dan and I trust you know what I meant too,heads down for me no more Costa coffee pics on Instagram for a few days then start the apologies
Or a club statement saying everyone had a virus they had just recovered from.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I would play Hastings at full back,as he is not doing it at 6,give him a bit more room at the back ,play smith and Tommy in the halves.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:27 pm I would play Hastings at full back,as he is not doing it at 6,give him a bit more room at the back ,play smith and Tommy in the halves.
He’s not quick enough. It doesn’t matter who we play at 6 and 7 unless we sort our pack out.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

If we pick Hanley out of position then why not pick him in position at full-back?
Surely Hardaker will have 1 game ban at least, not sure we would have any other option.