Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:11 am That's 2 Fridays now that he hasn't signed, I wonder if he's having a pint with those two props somewhere :lol:
Can not sign anywhere until the contract at Raiders was dealt with. It would have been an illegal approch. Which ironically how 99% of signings actually happens in every team sports. Nudge nudge come to us unsettle a player. Oz press is a bunch of hypocrite. As the saying goes they do not like it up them
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I only said could be the day as I knew the issues with Canberra were being resolved. Which I was right about 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Props signed elsewhere, as Ive said countless times.
bertina

Post by bertina »

All this hype about wether GW is signing or not is not the be all and end all for me.
We need 2 good props and a 9 a lot more than we need GW. Massive over hype as far as I’m concerned.
pedro

Post by pedro »

thegimble wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:19 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:11 am That's 2 Fridays now that he hasn't signed, I wonder if he's having a pint with those two props somewhere :lol:
Can not sign anywhere until the contract at Raiders was dealt with. It would have been an illegal approch. Which ironically how 99% of signings actually happens in every team sports. Nudge nudge come to us unsettle a player. Oz press is a bunch of hypocrite. As the saying goes they do not like it up them
dealt with isnt it? read that he was coming back to the uk in the next 3 weeks and been paid 100k for the rest of the year
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

its all agreed just not signed.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Rumour on the other site from a Hull fan about Reynolds to Canberra which could lead to Austin to Hull and Williams to wire don't know how true but it could explain the delay with George not signing yet ?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

George cant sign for anyone until he has signed the deal to release him from Canberra.... I said today could be the day (friday) because it was supposed to be all sorted and signed between Williams and Canberra, however that is not the case, they have agreed on release terms just not put pen to paper on it. Thats the delay, he isn't officially a free agent yet.

Nothing has changed from Wigans point of view, they expect him to sign.
bertina

Post by bertina »

I honestly am amazed by all this hype about wether or or not we are signing George Williams. With the current problems we have with the squad, GW will make bugger all difference. We need 2 good big props at least. If not, in my opinion, it will make no bloody difference who the halves are. They can’t do anything behind a pack that can’t punch it’s way out of its own 25. Bo****ks to GW spend the money where it’s needed most .
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

We do need to strengthen the front row but who is available? For now, GW is available and we should be looking to bring him to Wigan. I'd be interested in Truman but isn't it more likely he would join Powell at Warrington next year?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Dan 2266 be careful what you say on this site as any info that does not happen you will be chastised for weeks to come they have long memories :shock: on here :? :? :?