Squad for Wednesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Squad for Wednesday

Post by nathan_rugby »

Diabolical.

Clueless in attack, defence all over the place as soon as Warrington start moving us around.

Tommy and Smith is an awful halfback pairing.

Smith advertising all of his passes.

Isa rushing out in defence is killing us

Forwards running on their own from a standstill.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Relegation form this and we have a nice easy game on Sunday….
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:36 pm Diabolical.

Clueless in attack, defence all over the place as soon as Warrington start moving us around.

Totally agree on the half back pairing. Add Field into the mix and it still doesn't fill me full of confidence for next year. Especially on the back of piss poor props
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Bring back Paul Deacon.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:43 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:36 pm Diabolical.

Totally agree on the half back pairing. Add Field into the mix and it still doesn't fill me full of confidence for next year. Especially on the back of piss poor props
In smiths defence, he should not be the main halfback being responsible for everything yet.

TL needs to go hooker when Hastings moves back to the halves.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:45 pm Bring back Paul Deacon.
Please no he was responsible for our shocking attack the year he left.

Harris was the reason we did well.
Our for started dropping each season when he left not deacon.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

nathan_rugby wrote:Bring back Paul Deacon.
As player or coach? See he is the top job at Sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

So we're saying smiths not good enough and we should bin him off? Save some cash if we did.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:
DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:47 pm
Mike wrote:Its true, but we chose not to play KR at full back back then for his developement. Now we're saying because we have no recognised full back and we're playing very badly, we should drop this young kid straight in. Clearly the plan for Hanley was to give him some first team experience and let him develop.

Maybe its the right thing to do to forget about the damage this could do to one player's development when the team need a short-term fix, let him sink or swim? But I would say that the coaching staff almost certinly had a plan for Hanley and it look like their following that to me.

I don't know what's the right thing to do TBH, but these decisions are not made because the head coach is an idiot. These are professional RL coaches making decisions that they think benefit the development of players and therefore the longer term health of the club, and weight those against the short-term success on the field. You might not agree with what they decide to do, but I'd say people in the club are giving this a lot of thought, and aren't idiots.
The trouble with all this is that if the fear is playing Hanley in his natural position is going to damage him what on earth do you think playing him on the wing is doing?

He looks like a fish out of water and has no general idea how to defend as a winger positionally. If the plan was to stick him on the wing to give him first team football that little experiment should have ended by now because it’s backfired.

When something isn’t working yet you keep doing it I think it’s fair to call the person making the same mistake week in, week out which is what Lam is doing an idiot.

Hanley is useless on the wing and it’s doing him no good so if he’s not going to play full back drop him for one of the academy wingers.
I think you're arguing that Hanley should be played at full back and anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot? Very similar to all your posts and very very close to a personal insult by logical induction.

I remember when
we could have reasonable
Debate but no more.

The web has won I suppose.

I await your post calling me an idiot (again).
No that’s not what I said at all. I said anyone who keeps doing the same thing when it’s not working i.e. keeps making the same mistake repeatedly is an idiot. That would be Lam and there is ample evidence of him doing this.

I look forward to you acknowledging you misconstrued my post.

As to Hanley, playing him on the wing isn’t working so what exactly is wrong with me disagreeing with your theory that this all part of a plan?

Yes I think he should try him at full back then Hastings can l,ah 7. He won’t do that because he’s shown no aptitude of adjusting things when they aren’t working such as v HKR where after 40 minutes it was obvious having Hastings at full back wasn’t working but he just left things as they were.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Lockers must be due a come back soon at this rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk