Hastings Needs to Kick

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tricky Dicky1

Hastings Needs to Kick

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Simple.

What we are doing isnt working. Give Hastings a go.
Suzieb

Re: Hastings Needs to Kick

Post by Suzieb »

We need to get Hastings back, in the halves,kicking goals and play Handley at fullback before Lam ruins his career as well.Tommy could play nine and Powell an interchange.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:37 am We need to get Hastings back, in the halves,kicking goals and play Handley at fullback before Lam ruins his career as well.Tommy could play nine and Powell an interchange.
that would be too simple though, and it makes sense….. smith was trying too hard last night to compensate for tommys lack of creativity at 7…… the thing that annoyed me most was 2 clear breaks off forwards with no one backing up
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:40 am
Suzieb wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:37 am We need to get Hastings back, in the halves,kicking goals and play Handley at fullback before Lam ruins his career as well.Tommy could play nine and Powell an interchange.
that would be too simple though, and it makes sense….. smith was trying too hard last night to compensate for tommys lack of creativity at 7…… the thing that annoyed me most was 2 clear breaks off forwards with no one backing up
1, 6, 7 & 9 should be the players supporting breaks. They play all over the pitch and are often closest to the ball.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Was it Partington who made a break and was waiting for ages for help. None came.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 am
Was it Partington who made a break and was waiting for ages for help. None came.
Liam Byrne
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:32 am
Wintergreen wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:40 am that would be too simple though, and it makes sense….. smith was trying too hard last night to compensate for tommys lack of creativity at 7…… the thing that annoyed me most was 2 clear breaks off forwards with no one backing up
Liam Byrne
Ah was it Byrne, either way it was ridiculous.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

They both made breaks without back up
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I agree with all that apart from Tommy, he appears to be running in quicksand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:53 am
1, 6, 7 & 9 should be the players supporting breaks. They play all over the pitch and are often closest to the ball.
Spot on.