Squad v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: Squad v Hull KR

Post by pearsy »

It's alright having the resources it's knowing what do with them.Because Rads doesn't
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:29 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 am

Don’t wanna make the playoffs. We will only get embarrassed.
Bring Tony smith in! Better coach than Lam all day long
Imagine wishing for Tony Smith to be head coach a couple of years ago :lol:
Don’t see the problem.
Won more than the current super league coaches
There is no problem now, wouldn't gave touched him when he was at wire
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Graham1 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:48 am Replace KR with someone not previously connected to Wigan, no old boys. But who understands the game and knows a quality player when they see one and recruits players in right positions.

Eg don’t go for a fullback when we have other issues elsewhere. Buying second row forwards who both play on the left when we need one on the right as we did with Greenwood. Did we need to buy Field?

Someone who won’t keep players past their sell buy dates and write players up as world beaters when they are just championship players. I suppose everything that KR does. I believe KR to be a genuine sincere person as seen with the clubs gestures towards other players and Dom but based on recruitment policy KR needs to hand the job over to someone else.
Spot on, and if most of us can see this why can’t IL?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Simple IL we need a big enforcer prop this year if possible a quick hooker & a goal kicker now thats not so hard is it ( Other clubs seem to find them ) so no excuses not available
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

5 yrs and counting for the same problem everyone else could see or is the club short on funds to be fair not all our chairman's businesses have been a success but he has been an honest person with the club but maybe a time for change and also his adopted son Radds who it seems can do no wrong in his eyes.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Does anybody know for certain, and I mean absolutely for certain, who makes the decisions on signings? We need to know who does what before we criticise. I accept somebody isn't getting it right but I'd imagine that more than one person is involved in the big decisions so we need to know if the blame falls on KR or the others. For example we assume that the coach can be held accountable for the team selection, style of play, motivation, substitutions etc but if he has no say on signings that makes his job more difficult and he isn't the only one who needs to admit that we're getting it wrong.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

The reason Warrington acquire Aus players is because George Williams dad has mover there after the scouting job he had at Warrington and is looking for any positional players Warrington want as well as up and coming young players that is why i posted George Williams was going to Warrington 2 months ago I still message his dad as he used to work for us at our school for young people with special needs .
We appear just to wait for players offered to us by agents sadly they are also offered to all clubs so becomes a Dutch auction inflating the price in a bidding war .
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

We should contact our ex coach Maguire to look out for players we need as he is a good judge of the type of player we need after coaching us.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:37 pm We should contact our ex coach Maguire to look out for players we need as he is a good judge of the type of player we need after coaching us.
I thought we did isn't that how we ended up with Hamlin who was going well until he decided to play with some flour.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I would be glad to see Hamlin still here and not sure we have seen the last of the flour mmmm