Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Lam Out!

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Every game Lam is in charge he's damaging the club, its reputation, players and supporters feeling towards supporting the team.

Tonight was awful. He started with a front row of Havard, Shorrocks & Partington. Far too young and inexperienced. Powell was missing but he should have started with experienced props. Clubb, Bullock & Clark were available and could have started against Walmsley, Roby & Lees. What was the average age of our front row compared to Saints?

As for his Tactics or Game Plan? Well let's just forget it. Saints were always going to play a high intensity and fast paced game. We should have been about slowing them down without conceding penalties or sets again. But no, he tried to play the same high Intensity faced paced game as Saints although we've played four more games than them.
Game over.

My question is, how long is this man going to be allowed to damage our great club?
Lam needs to go and go now!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:42 pm
southportcdm wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 pm I can understand that Lenagan doesn't want to get a reputation for sacking coaches too quickly. I can also see that having to pay coaches off has cost the club dearly in the past. He may also claim that there's nobody suitable available for the moment so it's best to keep Lam until the end of the season. The question is how much worse will things get if Lam stays until the end of the year? I can't see things improving after tonight and Leeds should be Lam's last match if we lose. If it's true that Matty Peet is taking over next year he may as well start this week. Matty could then show the players how he wants them to play and decide who's up to the job. My biggest concern now is that it sounds like players (average ones at that) from other clubs don't want to sign for us and that's a terrible situation for a top club. This means that the 'Lam effect' will continue to haunt us even when he's left.
Peet is already coaching & selecting the teams to play! Feel sorry for Lam as he is getting all the flack atm when he is just the face at the front!
So why is he sat up high looking like hes playing the game passionately josie? It doesnt make sense to me……. If it was me ide be laughing and showing the wigam faithful how it is
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
southportcdm wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 pm I can understand that Lenagan doesn't want to get a reputation for sacking coaches too quickly. I can also see that having to pay coaches off has cost the club dearly in the past. He may also claim that there's nobody suitable available for the moment so it's best to keep Lam until the end of the season. The question is how much worse will things get if Lam stays until the end of the year? I can't see things improving after tonight and Leeds should be Lam's last match if we lose. If it's true that Matty Peet is taking over next year he may as well start this week. Matty could then show the players how he wants them to play and decide who's up to the job. My biggest concern now is that it sounds like players (average ones at that) from other clubs don't want to sign for us and that's a terrible situation for a top club. This means that the 'Lam effect' will continue to haunt us even when he's left.
Peet is already coaching & selecting the teams to play! Feel sorry for Lam as he is getting all the flack atm when he is just the face at the front!
If that is correct given the bizarre selections then Peet will last about five minutes with the fans if this carries on if he is the next coach.

This also begs the question as to how Lam can tolerate such a situation? His reputation as a coach is going down the pan as he carries the can for what Peet is doing.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If tonight was Peet's team selection and game plan, then we've no chance.
Agree with what's been said, if he produces performances as head coach like tonight he won't last five minutes.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

So what’s Lams job then?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:01 am
So what’s Lams job then?
Professional eye in the sky face puller…… obviously
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:45 pm Every game Lam is in charge he's damaging the club, its reputation, players and supporters feeling towards supporting the team.

Tonight was awful. He started with a front row of Havard, Shorrocks & Partington. Far too young and inexperienced. Powell was missing but he should have started with experienced props. Clubb, Bullock & Clark were available and could have started against Walmsley, Roby & Lees. What was the average age of our front row compared to Saints?

As for his Tactics or Game Plan? Well let's just forget it. Saints were always going to play a high intensity and fast paced game. We should have been about slowing them down without conceding penalties or sets again. But no, he tried to play the same high Intensity faced paced game as Saints although we've played four more games than them.
Game over.

My question is, how long is this man going to be allowed to damage our great club?
Lam needs to go and go now!
22! Ollie Partington!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dawson26

Post by Dawson26 »

The squad he has compared to when sw or Maguire is shocking they have let some many players go n not replaced them - where’s the money going
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:29 pm Has got to go. Get someone else in NOW and we just might have a chance of saving our season
Wayne Bennett. Pay cheap, pay twice!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:53 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:42 pm He won’t go now - they would have to pay him out - we are out of the playoff race now for me - so there’s no “harm” for il to leave him in post till the end of his contract
Are we, I know ability wise we are currently but if we can somehow change that we are still in a table position to be in it.
No chance mate but I do agree that we have 20% improvement in us.