Wigan squad to face Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Wigan squad to face Leeds

Post by Wintergreen »

Tripe.

Again.

Lam should go now. Lockers as (caretaker only) coach for a final throw of the dice.

The worry would be that if by some miracle he did well, IL would no doubt want to keep him on as coach full time.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Do you remember when we had a team that could attack from our own half, or wingers who could go the length, or forwards who could dominate? I remember when centres were considered valuable in their own right. What I miss most is the expectation that we might breech the opposition line.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 pm Field?
Gildart?
Bateman?
NRL standard players?
Gildart will get bullied over there. No doubt about it. Thats if he makes the squad.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Dan2266 wrote:
Gildart?
Bateman?
NRL standard players?
Gildart will get bullied over there. No doubt about it. Thats if he makes the squad.
Gildart looks like he can’t be bothered and just wants to avoid another injury before going to the NRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NE-WW

Post by NE-WW »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:57 pm
NE-WW wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:51 pm Looking at the interview I feel sorry for Lam, for all his faults he has been badly let down by Radlinski and Lenaghan, there are so many players in this team who are just not good enough !
Talking wet, this team is performing to its ability, injuries have played a part but our tactics are appauling.

Last year was pass thr ball to Hastings and French, this year its pass to Hastings.
Oh I agree, but he clearly knows he's a dead man walking and it's never nice to see a man clearly struggling and having to take questions like that, its quite obvious he is not the only one to blame for the shambles that the club has become...

I'd have Radlinski out the door as fast as Lam if I had my way !
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wigan are not helping lam by dragging him along on this ride they need to sack him for his own good
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I will say it again, it's not Lam's fault. He is just out of his depth.

Two people have caused this (perhaps 3 if you believe KR is not just IL's puppet).

IL and SE .
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ManxWarrior wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:07 pm
Dan2266 wrote:
Gildart?
Bateman?
NRL standard players?
Gildart looks like he can’t be bothered and just wants to avoid another injury before going to the NRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or maybe he was never all that good and just for over hyped on here?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wintergreen wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:11 pm I will say it again, it's not Lam's fault. He is just out of his depth.

Two people have caused this (perhaps 3 if you believe KR is not just IL's puppet).

IL and SE .
Bollocks. We reached the grand final last year, won the shield… wasn't out of his depth then.

Its not all his fault but the majority of it is.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wintergreen wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:11 pm I will say it again, it's not Lam's fault. He is just out of his depth.

IL and SE .
Why sign him for one season originally then?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."