Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Lam Out!

Post by Southern Softy »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:55 pm I get the feeling that he has players he likes & ones he doesn’t! The ones he doesn’t don’t get to play or are moved on.

I know for a fact he didn’t like the two French lads & Greenwood, who although he got a few head knocks was coming back to his best, running forward & offloads.

He didn’t like or get on with Flower & they had a fall out! He doesn’t like Clark or Bullock, they don’t get selected!

Umyla Hanley scored three try’s the last time he played & hasn’t been selected since.

Young Halsall is a centre so they play Isa who is second row or prop!

I was utterly fed up last night & felt for all the players.

We have no strategy when buying players either. We buy right sided players, halfbacks, fullbacks when we already have plethora of them.

We constantly play players out of positions, why?

I know we have had injuries & even though we are playing games more frequently we are not sharing the workload between the players as he should.

I just don’t feel like going to Castleford on Monday or Magic it’s a long drive home when you have a loss!

Can’t see us getting a win anytime soon either!

Well IL - I think if you've lost Josie, then you're really in trouble.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Waney and Matty Peet are taking over next season. They are already in place at the club so they may as well start this week. My reading of the situation (for what it's worth) is that I assume that some of the older players have lost faith in Lammy. They're probably being awkward, 'playing up' in training and not giving him the respect he feels he deserves. The youngsters are still giving 100% because they are keen and want to play for Wigan. Lammy doesn't feel that he can pick those older players that arn't putting it in during training so the youngsters keep playing. We can all make our own decisions about who's to blame but the easiest way to sort things out is to change the coach.

If IL delays any further it must be either to save money or because he doesn't think things can be turned around this season. I thought Lammy would go today but perhaps, with the Cas game before Tuesday's forum, he''ll survive until after Monday's game.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:31 pm Waney and Matty Peet are taking over next season. They are already in place at the club so they may as well start this week. My reading of the situation (for what it's worth) is that I assume that some of the older players have lost faith in Lammy. They're probably being awkward, 'playing up' in training and not giving him the respect he feels he deserves. The youngsters are still giving 100% because they are keen and want to play for Wigan. Lammy doesn't feel that he can pick those older players that arn't putting it in during training so the youngsters keep playing. We can all make our own decisions about who's to blame but the easiest way to sort things out is to change the coach.

If IL delays any further it must be either to save money or because he doesn't think things can be turned around this season. I thought Lammy would go today but perhaps, with the Cas game before Tuesday's forum, he''ll survive until after Monday's game.
Really the best option?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Wintergreen - I'm not saying that Waney and Matty are the best option, just the one that has been taken. We can only hope that it's the best option at this stage.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:31 pm Waney and Matty Peet are taking over next season. They are already in place at the club so they may as well start this week. My reading of the situation (for what it's worth) is that I assume that some of the older players have lost faith in Lammy. They're probably being awkward, 'playing up' in training and not giving him the respect he feels he deserves. The youngsters are still giving 100% because they are keen and want to play for Wigan. Lammy doesn't feel that he can pick those older players that arn't putting it in during training so the youngsters keep playing. We can all make our own decisions about who's to blame but the easiest way to sort things out is to change the coach.

I have a nasty feeling that Peet will be shown the door at the end of 2022 and Lockers will be installed for 2023 along with Powell as captain
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:14 pm Wintergreen - I'm not saying that Waney and Matty are the best option, just the one that has been taken. We can only hope that it's the best option at this stage.
No I realise that.

Imo we need a top Australian coach. Someone new with no baggage.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Those choices are not good IMO. Everything started to go downhill under Wane. We were winning, but the style we play now is where it was all leading. It was boring and the fans enthusiasm was ebbing away. Boring rugby, even if you are winning, is killing the game.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think for me what I’m confused at is some people believe both wane and peet are running the show currently and have been for weeks but also that wane and peet will solve the problem if lam goes???

If we are to believe that wane and peet are heavily involved in the team and have been for weeks then they should be out the door with lam
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:14 pm Wintergreen - I'm not saying that Waney and Matty are the best option, just the one that has been taken. We can only hope that it's the best option at this stage.
Given that both are at the club now & rumours Lam is just a puppet, it’s concerning.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Has anyone actually seen Wane yet?

Or is he there in disguise,perhaps as a goalpost or a tackle bag?

Or perhaps he’s gone old school soy,a copy of the Wigan post and a and a single red rose?