Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Richymac

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by Richymac »

The clean sheet is the main stat for me tonight! Always good to keep another team out, usual suspects putting in a good shift and Powell played pretty well I thought
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Richymac wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:32 pm The clean sheet is the main stat for me tonight! Always good to keep another team out, usual suspects putting in a good shift and Powell played pretty well I thought
Yeah clean sheet was good. Salford will turn over some decent teams this season, they were just really poor tonight
doc

Post by doc »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:30 pm
mikey wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:26 pm Tommys tackle is getting talked up with greenwood’s injury it looks a minimum 3 match ban
Nowt in it pal….. watch closely his ankle twists well before contact….. just unfortunate positioning
Looked like a drop tackle to me when they showed it on the big screen so Tommy could be looking at having a rest for a few weeks.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Job done. Exactly the right game plan for cup rugby. Salford were well beaten upfront. I would like to see Brodie Croft in our team he would be a class act.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:35 pm
mikey wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:26 pm Tommys tackle is getting talked up with greenwood’s injury it looks a minimum 3 match ban
It wasn’t malicious but you can’t do them kind of tackles.
What kind of tackle? I have watched it over and over again and can't see anything wrong in it. Unless you're saying we can no longer have 3 in tackle. Salford where doing it all night. Third man for them was around head I might add. Be surprised if this leads to a ban. But then again I shouldn't be.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:08 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:35 pm
It wasn’t malicious but you can’t do them kind of tackles.
What kind of tackle? I have watched it over and over again and can't see anything wrong in it. Unless you're saying we can no longer have 3 in tackle. Salford where doing it all night. Third man for them was around head I might add. Be surprised if this leads to a ban. But then again I shouldn't be.
Tommy pulls on his waist and Tommy pits his body onto his legs. Think it’s classed as a cannonball tackle. Personally think it’s a load of crap. I know the RFL are only protecting the players but I do think there taking away a lot of the aggression an hardness away from the game
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

No mention of Sam Powell on here suggests he must have had a decent game!

Radio Manchester commentators picked him out a number of times, and he got a mention in despatches from Matty Peet.

Now wait for the response . . .

🤫🤫🤫
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:04 am No mention of Sam Powell on here suggests he must have had a decent game!

Radio Manchester commentators picked him out a number of times, and he got a mention in despatches from Matty Peet.

🤫🤫🤫
He was my mom morley
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:07 am
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:04 am No mention of Sam Powell on here suggests he must have had a decent game!

🤫🤫🤫
He was my mom morley
Played really well. He finally did some running from dummy half and was dangerous.
God knows why he doesn’t do it more often, he put Salford on the back foot a few times
Flash

Post by Flash »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:52 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:07 am

🤫🤫🤫
He was my mom morley
Played really well. He finally did some running from dummy half and was dangerous.
God knows why he doesn’t do it more often, he put Salford on the back foot a few times
His raids from dummy half coupled with his workrate show how effective he could and should be. Reminiscent of 2020. I'm not sure why he doesn't do it more often. It's clearly in his armoury. I hope that's just a taste of things to come from him this season. Alongside Bateman, the best player on the field yesterday.