V Saints semi final betting

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
saint

Re: V Saints semi final betting

Post by saint »

If we click in attack as we know we can then yes I’ll go Saints by 20 .

And I agree , a go forward prop so your back line can have something to play off . Field playing off a role on will be dangerous.

No question , fast line speed and effective marker play for 80 mins is non negotiable against us .

Let’s hope for another good game !
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

saint wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:54 pm I can’t see the result being much different .

I had saints by 20 on Friday . I will stick to that for the semi

In terms of the game ,In my view we had 12 points chalked off . Irrespective, I left the ground feeling that in attack , we had an off day and it really should have been 30/40 points .

I’m not being arsey here but in my opinion; I just don’t rate you .
No question you have improved but the collective is lacking quality and the balance is not yet right . You have played the top two team and got nilled by cats and was well beaten by us . ( Field missing in both games)

You have to be optimistic of course but to beat us in the semi it will take us to have a
Major crisis injury wise or a really , really bad day at the office simply because there is still a gulf Between the two teams .

Field is currently your life line and your get out of jail card in most games but it don’t work against a well organised defence , your going to need something else or a lot of luck this year to challenge for silverware .

We played Hudds today and that was equally as tough as Friday , they had plenty missing but were well drilled and very tough to break down . Like you , limited strike but was able to create more space which had us rattled at times .

We need to rotate no question over the next two games.

All being fit ( apart from Dodd) saint by 20

Look forward to chatting with some of you in Leeds
Hi mate. I find your posts interesting as you try to be honest and they give us a different pov.

I can still detect some bias in there (we all have it). "12 points chalked off" and "a bit of an off-day in attack".

Now I'm not a blame-the-ref person, but I reckon you've nailed the forward pass thing when you make a break - and I'm talking across all your matches on Sky. And I do understand relative motion (Stevo's "momentum rule").

Then your off-day. Surely for the mighty Saints to not be able to produce their best performance at home for a Good Friday Derby is a major admission of weakness? What happened to "ultimate professionals" etc? Some credit for your off-day should go to our defence, surely?

I do think your assessment of us is accurate. The reason for optimism (for some of us!) is that we're only 10 games in with a new coaching team. And I'm sure there'll be changes to the squad for the start of next season. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Personally I'm reasonably happy with where we are. Without the sin bin on GF, we might have managed to keep you to the predicted 12 points , which is about right. By the end of the season, I hope we'll be within 6 or 8.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

We kept Walmsley quiet on Friday first time we have in 3 years. That alone is an improvement.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
saint

Post by saint »

I think you should be happy with we’re you are . A significant improvement on last year . It’s clear to see that attitude and purpose are coming together .

With a few bits added to the jig saw you will be challenging again .

Having an off day is a weakness for any team of course , last years CC final , we were poor and and very beatable , that’s sport I guess .

In terms of pushing the boundary’s of rules - I remember Wigan under wane - masters of pushing the rules and would continue to do so up until the ref pulled you up .

Lying on , continuous off side at defensive man 4&5 . You also had a clever ploy ( which was in my view clever) whenever you gave the ball up in your own 20 and was in a kickable position for the opposition you would lye on and purposely give away a penalty ( accepting 2 point rather than risk 6) kick the ball back to us and reset . This was arguably professional cheating but it was a way to manipulate opposition decision making and damage limitation and it worked countless times . If you get away with it your going to keep doing it !

When your team is firing fully and maximising its potential , you will then see the introduction of dark arts I’m sure and push the boundaries of what is acceptable. This is very often the difference between winners and loser .
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I think it will be a very different game ,big pitch neutral venue, they had to play Roby at scrum half yesterday, I'd back us level that would be better odds.He who dares wins Rodney.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

saint wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 am I think you should be happy with we’re you are . A significant improvement on last year . It’s clear to see that attitude and purpose are coming together .

Having an off day is a weakness for any team of course , last years CC final , we were poor and and very beatable , that’s sport I guess .

In terms of pushing the boundary’s of rules - I remember Wigan under wane - masters of pushing the rules and would continue to do so up until the ref pulled you up .

Lying on , continuous off side at defensive man 4&5 . You also had a clever ploy ( which was in my view clever) whenever you gave the ball up in your own 20 and was in a kickable position for the opposition you would lye on and purposely give away a penalty ( accepting 2 point rather than risk 6) kick the ball back to us and reset . This was arguably professional cheating but it was a way to manipulate opposition decision making and damage limitation and it worked countless times . If you get away with it your going to keep doing it !

When your team is firing fully and maximising its potential , you will then see the introduction of dark arts I’m sure and push the boundaries of what is acceptable. This is very often the difference between winners and loser .
That’s what you are very good at & probably why you’ve been winning these last few years! If Wigan were doing all the stuff you say we do, we would be the winners & not losers!!

The biggest culprits of slowing the game down are HFC & Giants! We get up quicker than most teams, yourselves included!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

SL refs in my view are way too lenient on clearing the ruck. If we had one of the Aussie refs officiating, he'd be blowing up every other tackle until players sorted themselves out. Just makes the game a better spectacle.
saint

Post by saint »

moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:20 pm SL refs in my view are way too lenient on clearing the ruck. If we had one of the Aussie refs officiating, he'd be blowing up every other tackle until players sorted themselves out. Just makes the game a better spectacle.
Agreed !
saint

Post by saint »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:57 pm
saint wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 am I think you should be happy with we’re you are . A significant improvement on last year . It’s clear to see that attitude and purpose are coming together .

That’s what you are very good at & probably why you’ve been winning these last few years! If Wigan were doing all the stuff you say we do, we would be the winners & not losers!!

The biggest culprits of slowing the game down are HFC & Giants! We get up quicker than most teams, yourselves included!
I’d say the the reason why we have been successful is that 1. We have been well coached 2. We have recruited very well 3 . Got rid of dead wood and irradiated all players from the equation who do not Fit into to the process .

Our focus under KW has not been to be the best team in the world but just be a little better than second best in our remit .

Holbrook wanted to blow every team away and it worked for the most part but failed at key times . KW has a significantly and more astute way of managing a game a season and his players.

I’d say it quite unfair to allude to the fact that our success has been based on cheating . However I’m known to remind my Wigan friends that your own golden period was build on quiet a slanted playing field .

It’s all good for banter and discussion !

I do however really like Matty Peet as a coach and think he will do a good job for you . He is very honest and what he says I agree with on the whole . Would be good to have a quality English manager in super league .As well as that , I hope Lee briers earns some success . He is a personal friend and I know how hard he works and how passionate he is about his new role !
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I must congratulate St Helen as the have produced the most hated player ever LMS