Replacement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Replacement

Post by Brennox7 »

Anyone think we will replace Zak hardaker? Be decent if we got a centre in..
w.thomas

Re: Replacement

Post by w.thomas »

Not a chance this season. I’d like us to get a big strong centre who can pass and kick conversions….so I’m not asking for much 😏
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:26 pm Not a chance this season. I’d like us to get a big strong centre who can pass and kick conversions….so I’m not asking for much 😏
Why not?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Tough to see who we could realistically get in. We’ve no quota spots and decent English centres are rare and ones who may be available even more so.

The only way you can see a centre coming in would be if we loaned somebody like Miski out and brought an overseas centre in. To use a quota spot on a back up winger, when you know Hardaker was unsettled (and is a loose cannon) isn’t the best move we’ve made.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Hard to answer that without knowing what the procedure is regarding his salary. Has sacking him freed up cap space or not? I don't know.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I'm not sure if he got sacked or it was just a release. If both parties settled then surely he won't be on our cap anymore? I think he's still on the same deal he signed initially so I doubt he was on massive money as we brought him from the wilderness so hardly think he was on a fortune..
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:46 pm Hard to answer that without knowing what the procedure is regarding his salary. Has sacking him freed up cap space or not? I don't know.
Peet seems to confirm that we now will have cap space due to his release in the other thread.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I did the separate thread re Peet & him answers to questions from the press so it wouldn’t get lost in the original Hardaker thread 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Were is the thread Josie?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:41 pm Tough to see who we could realistically get in. We’ve no quota spots and decent English centres are rare and ones who may be available even more so.

The only way you can see a centre coming in would be if we loaned somebody like Miski out and brought an overseas centre in. To use a quota spot on a back up winger, when you know Hardaker was unsettled (and is a loose cannon) isn’t the best move we’ve made.
No, I don't see us being able to release a quota spot without breaking a contract. Next season, not sure if French is staying, if not thats a spot. I don't really see a name Fed player coming this season either?