Zak Hardaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by fozzieskem »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:54 pm Matty Peet and John Batemans interview on Wigan TV speaks Volumes.

tHEY BOTH SUGGEST zak HAS SOME PERSONAL DEMONS AND NEEDS SUPPORT / Help.

That isnt about turning up for work late. Sounds much worse than that.
These demons aren't new,the club it seems have bent them selves double trying over the years to help him but there comes a point in any organisation when enough is enough
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Quote from JJB
Buchanan also addressed whether he’d like to see now free agent Zak Hardaker return to the club following his release from Wigan “I hope Zak’s well first and foremost. I have some really fond memories with him and what stood out is how forthcoming he’s always been with some of the challenges and difficulties he’s had and never hides behind it.

“There’s a lot of his old friends in there who love him and recognise the character he is. I’d be more than willing to go put my arm around him and help him out.

“We’re talking about culture and it’s really important for these young blokes that we get the right people in who will set the right examples and that would be up to Rohan and Gary Hetherington if they’re going to allow Zak in but his potential as a player is phenomenal and in that regard yes for sure.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/jamie-jo ... ion-52214/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This is a longer comment I’ve found

Jamie Jones-Buchanan would love Zak Hardaker to make Leeds Rhinos return - but there's a catch

Hardaker is a free agent after being released with immediate effect by Wigan Warriors.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan has declared interest in bringing Zak Hardaker back to Leeds Rhinos - but insists it is not his decision to make. Hardaker is a free agent following his release from Wigan Warriors and has been linked with a shock move back to Headingley.

The Rhinos lost both Liam Sutcliffe and Tom Briscoe to injury during the win over Toulouse Olympique, further deepening the woeful injury crisis currently taking place at the club. Hardaker's availability and ability to play in the positions the Rhinos are currently short in provides the club with an interesting decision to make.

Hardaker won three Grand Finals and a Man of Steel award during his first spell with the club, eventually leaving in 2016. Jones-Buchanan played with Hardaker during his first stint and he said: "I hope Zak is well first a foremost. As you know, I have some really fond memories of Zak.

What stood out with me is when we made as Good As It Gets is how forthcoming he's always been with the difficulties and challenges he's had. He's had problems at Cas, England Wigan, but he never hides behind that and is the first to admit that. There are a lot of his old friends there who love him to bits.

"We all recognise the character that he is. I'd be more than willing to put my arm around him in whichever shape or form. We're talking about culture and it's really important for these young blokes that we get the right people in that set the right example.

That would be up to Rohan (Smith) and Gary Hetherington whether they're going to allow Zak in. His potential as a player is phenomenal so in that regard, yes, I would, for sure. Would I be willing to put my arm around him and look after him, yes, for sure. But again, that would be up to Rohan and Gary as to whether that would happen."

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... n-23763488
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:01 pm Sadly, he had one of his better games v Wakey but again has thrown away a good position with upcoming challenges round the corner - Saints away, CC Semi and possibility of the final.
You can also add an upcoming World Cup to that.
Instead of keeping his head down for a few months and putting himself in the shop window for both a World Cup
spot and a new club, he’s now shown he’s still unreliable and will have to move to the club which offers him a deal rather than the club which offers him the best deal.
Noticeable that this has happened now he’s spending time back in Yorkshire again.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Good riddance give Sam Halsall a chance
Fester

Post by Fester »

Bit trivial in the overall scheme of things, but his goal kicking had clearly improved this season, especially from the touch line. Not sure Field or Smith can match what he had been doing this season.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

How an earth have Leeds found space on their salary cap,an absolute joke this game is turning into.