Wigan squad for Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PJC

Re: Wigan squad for Warrington

Post by PJC »

Who saw or sees Edwards smile ? …..but the job gets done
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

PJC wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:06 pm Who saw or sees Edwards smile ? …..but the job gets done
He didnt get our job done though 😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Apparently Field was rested not sick at half time. That's quite a big call to change things up that much.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wasn't really a problem, though, was it? The game was won, French showed some lovely touches anyway, and we move on. I just watched the game back on Wigan TV. Funny that Cullen wasn't going for Carney's punt that Wigan should have put 50+ past them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:29 pm Apparently Field was rested not sick at half time. That's quite a big call to change things up that much.
Was it? Considering the score, the way the game was going and the fact we had French to go Fullback?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Funny that about Field, Chris Brooks telling SKY Field was poorly and wouldn't feature again in the match, then at full time Peet said it was the plan to rest him all along.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

That is a bit of a weird way to handle that situation. Also weird for him to get changed. If you're subbed off tactically, or even as a rest who know if you'll be required to return due to unexpected injuries.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:37 pm Funny that about Field, Chris Brooks telling SKY Field was poorly and wouldn't feature again in the match, then at full time Peet said it was the plan to rest him all along.
why else would we have Halsall on the bench instead of another forward?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:23 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:37 pm Funny that about Field, Chris Brooks telling SKY Field was poorly and wouldn't feature again in the match, then at full time Peet said it was the plan to rest him all along.
I'm not saying it wasn't the plan, its just odd to have Field in the stands not on the bench in case of injury. I guess we were happy to just play with a reduced rotation or 12 if need be. I suppose that's unlikely though. I do wonder why the doctor said he was too ill to continue.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:31 pm
pedro wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:23 pm
I'm not saying it wasn't the plan, its just odd to have Field in the stands not on the bench in case of injury. I guess we were happy to just play with a reduced rotation or 12 if need be. I suppose that's unlikely though. I do wonder why the doctor said he was too ill to continue.
no point giving a player a rest and not rest him, get changed your job is done was probably the thought, maybe if the scoreline was different it wouldnt have been that way, definitely an eye on the saints game