Saints prediction

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adam0026

Re: Saints prediction

Post by adam0026 »

I think we have a really good chance.
Worst time to play Wigan at the minute!

We are the most entertaining team at present so hopefully they will give it a good go
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

adam0026 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:45 pm I think we have a really good chance.

We are the most entertaining team at present so hopefully they will give it a good go
It’s good to be entertaining but that doesn’t always win you games.
Look at us under wane
saint

Post by saint »

It all depends on if Lomax is in or out . If out , the playing fields levels out . Being without our half backs will mean further adjustments elsewhere in the back line and the potential for a disjointed attack .

If Lomax plays , I will stick to my original prediction of Saints by 20 . Lomax out I will go saints by 6 .

Should be a good game though !
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:00 pm

Look at us under wane
I personally hate these watch us under Wane statements. I did and do watch some games back occasional and we have been highly entertaining under Wane. However we also ground out some very dogged victories.

If you where offered an entertaining loss on Saturday or a boring ground out victory which would you rather have?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:09 pm

Look at us under wane
I personally hate these watch us under Wane statements. I did and do watch some games back occasional and we have been highly entertaining under Wane. However we also ground out some very dogged victories.

If you where offered an entertaining loss on Saturday or a boring ground out victory which would you rather have?
boring ground out victory all day long. Leave the good stuff for another day.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Look at us under wane

That’s what I mean. It wasn’t a dig at Wane
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think the result depends on our defence. Its not been good enough in any of our last few games to keep saints down below 18. I think we can put 18+ on them at the moment from individual breaks, but if they get up in the 20s we'll not be able to keep up. So unfortunately from what I've seen defence wise I'd have to say saints. However I reckon if they're without Lomax and, say, Walmsley comes down with this flu thats going around, and we put a few on them in the first 20 we might beat them quite well. Unlikely though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:11 pm
Look at us under wane

That’s what I mean. It wasn’t a dig at Wane
It was a general question based off your post sorry. I wasn't direct replying :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Mike has it right. 20 points is the benchmark. Can we get to it? Well, we were nowhere near getting there on GF. And can we keep them below 20? If Lomax is out, possibly, but we should not underestimate how much better they have been - 9 wins from 10 speaks for itself. I can’t see us winning this year, maybe next year we will sneak one. But I like what Peet is doing. He has instilled a style of play that is not just good to watch, but is also effective. In time, particularly if the props unit continues to develop and Smith and O’Neill fulfil their potential, then we could go into 24 on levelish terms.

On that basis, I will be hoping to see our props go toe to toe more and those 2 lads to have an impact. That will be enough for me. Especially as every game against every other team will be well worth watching this year.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Bookies are giving Wigan 7.5 points start, which would imo, be around a 16 point start if Lomax wasn't injured.

Think in this game it'll depend on how we deal with Roby.

O'Neill, Smith and Elliss will have to be bang on defensively.