Wigan vs Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Wigan vs Saints

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:29 pm I'm shaking like a squatting collie after that like :shock: :shock: :D
🤣🤣 the thought of that
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:46 pm Was it a Stains timekeeper?????
Every last play was over the 40 with saints ball in hand ?????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I would like to apologise to the BBC and say we're very, very. very sorry that we won - I beg your pardon that Saints lost, despite Welsby being the nearest thing to the Messiah.

That coverage was truly awful. Fortunately we had Joe Mills and Bilko on commentary and we've just managed to buy two tickets for the 28th.

I have to admit that drink may well be taken later this evening.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:54 pm I would like to apologise to the BBC and say we're very, very. very sorry that we won - I beg your pardon that Saints lost, despite Welsby being the nearest thing to the Messiah.

That coverage was truly awful. Fortunately we had Joe Mills and Bilko on commentary and we've just managed to buy two tickets for the 28th.

I have to admit that drink may well be taken later this evening.
the missus asked me if wigan were playing during the pre match build up
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:46 pm Was it a Stains timekeeper?????
I know! What was that about?!! Never seen that before.
Ref let saints get away with second efforts in the tackle a lot of times in that game. And in the last 5mins makinson knocked on and then held back bibby and saints get the heading feed.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

This will bitterly upset Saints as this was the match that really mattered to them , we are reaping rewards now from the young players we invested in so lets keep the squad together and go forward ;
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Ref gave them everything in that second half. Disgraceful. They were offside the whole game and even moreso when we were on our line on our sets. But no pens against them and 4 sets in a row against us.

Maybe the RFK know it's the only way they could get up the field with their boring rugby TBH.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ddtftf wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:01 pm This will bitterly upset Saints as this was the match that really mattered to them , we are reaping rewards now from the young players we invested in so lets keep the squad together and go forward ;
Except for Bateman. Let's use his money elsewhere.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Mike wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:02 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:01 pm This will bitterly upset Saints as this was the match that really mattered to them , we are reaping rewards now from the young players we invested in so lets keep the squad together and go forward ;
He was shocking today. Wasn’t at the races at all
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Mike wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:02 pm
Unfortunately I completely agree

No idea whats happened to him. Bar one big hit in the second half he just didn't look anything like the player in his first spell at the club and that's been a reoccurring theme over the last couple of seasons.