reality check

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

reality check

Post by FROM A TO B »

We're rubbish, sack the coach!
Why not try and get behind the team and the coach?
I'm as gutted as anyone else about the start to this season, but wasn't it only a couple of years ago that Leeds went for the first 6 games or so without a win and now look at where they are.
As many postings have said, we have a fairly new squad and I for one am convinced that good things are around the corner.
I agree that we do need to get some sort of stability within the squad and am somewhat bemused with some of IM's recent player choices. However, when you look at his previous coaching record, he must have some sort of master plan.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
- psycho -

Re: reality check

Post by - psycho - »

why do people keep comparing us to teams such as bradford and leeds because we lost such and such a game. we were poor get over it! unless the team improve they will be nowhere near old trafford come the end of the year. i agree get ebhind the team and coach but dont make excuses up when they lose, they lost because they aren't good enough and they lack quality and ideas.i hope i am proven wrong.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Psycho you are spot on. We are Wigan Fans and should get behind the squad throught the good and the bad times. I know there have not been too many good times over the last couple of seasons, but that is when a true fan shows his or her metal.
walsall warrior

Post by walsall warrior »

I like many other turn up week in week out.Both home and away ,supporting the team.I am sick and tired of hearing Millward must have a master plan.Bradford lost their first two games last season and won it.People need a reality check.Our squad is nowhere as good as the bulls last year.Their early blip was due to injuries.Are hock and fletcher going to make such a drastic difference?
Before anyone says anything i will continue to support wigan though thick and thin but i do it without rose tinted glasses and with adegree of realism.
form is temporary class is permenant
Champions

Post by Champions »

I agree...no more excuses...if we lose it's simply because we weren't good enough. But likewise I continue to support my team with many others, and when we do win a trophy, having come through last season and the beginning of this one, it will feel all the sweeter! :roll:
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

75-0, 70-0, thats a reality check .milly said it would take about 2 and a half years to get back to the top of the pile so lets not expect to much to soon.i still think given time this team will gel and start producing the goods.in the mean time aaaaagh
Nine

Post by Nine »

FROM A TO B posted:
We're rubbish, sack the coach!
Why not try and get behind the team and the coach?
I'm as gutted as anyone else about the start to this season, but wasn't it only a couple of years ago that Leeds went for the first 6 games or so without a win and now look at where they are.
As many postings have said, we have a fairly new squad and I for one am convinced that good things are around the corner.
I agree that we do need to get some sort of stability within the squad and am somewhat bemused with some of IM's recent player choices. However, when you look at his previous coaching record, he must have some sort of master plan.
Totally agree. We've 24 games to come and only a handful of points off the top, let alone a play-off place; the squad has quality all through it, with an especially strong pack; the coach is experienced, shrewd & bold enough to try things out and find the right formula; and I've just bought this season's shirt so it'd be a reet waste of money to go off and sulk now! :wink: :lol:

Squad number 18!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

1ST GAME LOST IN FRANCE FIRST GAME THERE STILL BELEIVE IT WAS A FIX
2nd game 16 - 0 up to last years finalist in both competions lost in the last few mins not a bad result how many expected to win this 1
3rd game hopefully saw what we will see alot in the first 40 mins , a little poor in 2nd half but easy win
4th game match should not of been played salford paid the ref to keep it on and move no snow frozen pitch ,wellcome to summer rugby.we are set up for a fast free flowing team and couldnt do it on this ptch .If you went do u think you could catch a ball with the frozen hands we had ok same for both teams but certainly the conditions suited thew reds style more than ours
5 th match warrington at home on a big pitch ,think this is more of a realaity check for us as i feel we could be ever scrapping with the wire at the bottom or fighting for 5th or 6th spot with them, lets se hpw far we have come on friday ,if the lads cant perform in front of a big noisey crowd like it will be on friday ,then ill press the panick button :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

totaly agree with mike we will get better! i personaly think the challenge cup will be a better chance of a trophy this year.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart