Wolf ungracious in defeat

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Alovepie

Wolf ungracious in defeat

Post by Alovepie »

Can he make anymore excuses for stains losing. At the end of the day Wigan we’re the best on the day and it was nothing to do with luck.
DaveO

Re: Wolf ungracious in defeat

Post by DaveO »

Especially as his entire team were offside for one of their tries that came from a kick.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:51 pm Especially as his entire team were offside for one of their tries that came from a kick.
Watched it again and its do bad the decision not to go to the video ref its unreal. 3 players are offside.
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

As soon as I saw it I thought Tommy Makinson was a step in front of Johnny Lomax when he kicked the ball to the corner. It was definitely worth a closer look at. No wonder Cade Cust was so incensed.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Cust seemed to be pointing to something on the other side of the field but I’m not sure. I’ve watched the offside and I think it’s probably just about ok. I certainly don’t think they’d have turned it over because they give plenty of leeway on offsides for some reason.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I have just watched it again on Wigan TV and it wasn’t even close. They were definitely offside and not by a bit.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

DaveO wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:02 am I have just watched it again on Wigan TV and it wasn’t even close. They were definitely offside and not by a bit.
on the lead up to their 3rd try (repeat set) from the kick that Field fumbled, that again followed a kick that players were in front of the kicker. think it was LMS to the right of the kicker was well in front and made a play at it

i thought that they were definately given a peg up, to get them back in the game. every time Wigan got them into their own 20 in the 2nd half, they were given a free lift with a penalty for Wigan being offside, yet he only penalised them in the 60th minute for it
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

IMG-20220508-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220508-WA0000.jpg (61.07 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

And dont forget hurrells try came off a blatant ball steal on marshy……funny how wolfe dont seem to see all this
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Shevvylad wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:23 am IMG-20220508-WA0000.jpg

They wouldn’t turn that around IMO because they’ll look at the boot of Lomax and say the players chasing are in line with it. They just give so much leeway on it for some reason. If he goes to the VR he clearly would’ve sent it up as a try and I doubt they’d have turned it over. I don’t have an issue with it, although had we lost I may well have done :lol: