Kai Pearce Paul

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dreamteam

Re: Kai Pearce Paul

Post by Dreamteam »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:28 pm Wayne Bennett is the newly admitted NRL club Dolphins head coach in 2023 isn't he?
Correct
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

There will be others following. It was inevitable, following the Dolphins joining the NRL, that the Australian player pool would need to be expanded.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Be disappointed to see him leave, as I think like others he needs to develop further.

But if someone is willing to pay the club a transfer fee for an under contract player, then so be it. We shouldn’t be making it easy for these players to keep leaving when we are trying to build a squad ourselves.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The problem is that NRL can afford to take a punt on players because their salary cap doesnt force them into chosing between established players and young potential like it does in England they can have both.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

If the TV commentators keep drooling over the Golden Child then he'll be the next one who goes. Then again, it looks like Wolfe will go at the end of the season, so he'll be looking at taking a few with him.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Thought that with Holbrook and it never happened. I think Saints will be ok. Really going to sound like I’m knocking them and I’m trying not to but Welsby suited SL, he doesn’t look like he has much more fill out in him and I can’t see that bringing much power to his game. Dodd probs a bit to soon to say. Only players I can’t think is Lees and Knowsley, more leaning towards Knowsley. The senior players I think there time has passed
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Its maybe odd that Wigan is the club the NRL looks to the most - not always the top SL club over the years.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

First Try Tickle wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:36 am If the TV commentators keep drooling over the Golden Child then he'll be the next one who goes. Then again, it looks like Wolfe will go at the end of the season, so he'll be looking at taking a few with him.
For my money the golden child has the same issue as Field in that he seems lightweight compared to some of the freaks that populate the NRL
Charriots Offiah

Big stick wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:41 am Thought that with Holbrook and it never happened. I think Saints will be ok. Really going to sound like I’m knocking them and I’m trying not to but Welsby suited SL, he doesn’t look like he has much more fill out in him and I can’t see that bringing much power to his game. Dodd probs a bit to soon to say. Only players I can’t think is Lees and Knowsley, more leaning towards Knowsley. The senior players I think there time has passed
Dodds will go to the NRL he has a lot of faith in his own ability. Lees I don’t think is good enough but I am sure that Knowles will attract interest. The RFL need to take a stance, whether that is through the joint funding home grown talent or by reducing the amounts that count against the salary cap. Their failure to stem the flow will continually lead to a poorer product on the pitch. Supporters pay to watch stars, having a competitive league is fine but only if the league is high quality.
Charriots Offiah

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/english- ... ett-53337/

This would support my thoughts. Money will talk.