Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Post by Firestarter »

And ill bet tommys not back for the cas game……. He was limping near the end and was nowhere near fit
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:22 pm And ill bet tommys not back for the cas game……. He was limping near the end and was nowhere near fit
Tommy did his part he settled the centre when Huddersfield where on a role.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

We we’re a bit lucky today but we made it through so great to win a trophy
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
saint

Post by saint »

Congratulations on your win!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

saint wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:09 pm Congratulations on your win!
Part 1 of the "saints double" safely in Wigan.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan make history again. First team to win at Spurs (I expect the venue will be used again) and have now extended the number of Challenge Cup Wins to 20.

Yes there were too many mistakes from Wigan but Huddersfield never got far enough away for them not to lose it. They were too conservative but were still just less than three minutes away from winning it but we’re undone. Wigan’s three tries were excellent and despite Huddersfield missing the goal kicks it should not have mattered with so little time left on the clock. They should have seen the win out despite the missed conversions.

Just watched the BBC summary and lots of praise on the BBC for Watson and Huddersfield but thanks to John Wilkin who had to remind the panel sport is about winning. Wigan won, we have the Cup in the cabinet again and that will do nicely thanks. :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Winning is the only thing that matters. If you can play attractive rugby as well then fine. Speed kills and we have plenty of it.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It was so close that either side would lose the the giants did they could,and should being fair about it put Wigan to bed but try and play a close game with the speed wigan have and you're playing with fire as proved today
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They persisted in marking out of the games our speedsters along with Faz, slowed the game down all the time McQueen was playing the Y out of YMCA every time we tackled their players.
By the end of the game, 76 minutes to be precise, our fitness held out for the full 80!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Glad we won, and the result is in tomorrow's papers whatever is said about goal kicks, referee's decisions, or who deserved what.

Having said that, I feel genuinely sorry for Huddersfield and Watson. They've won nowt since 1953, and (against any other team) I'd have said they deserved to get something for their efforts.

Gerry McGillvary was on local news here in Yorkshire yesterday and came across as a really humble, grounded bloke: "I'm from a council estate and never saw myself moving to Australia" etc. I think I was the only wearer of a Wigan shirt applauding him when he came back from scoring his try. (Apologies if this offends anyone.)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐