Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PJC

Re: Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Post by PJC »

I noticed other players encouraging him to lift the cup.
Maybe this was because of the unnecessary stick he has received from a minority.
Wigan are now showing a will to win that has not been there.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Worth mentioning Bev French, had a very good game and some redemption for the GF loss. Hopefully he will want to commit to us again.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

https://rugbyleaguehub.com/crunching-th ... ers/?amp=1

This makes interesting reading although the fact about the referee not giving any six again decisions is wrong.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It's pretty rare for a penalty count not to get evened up at some point. I think we have a big problem with discipline. I'd be looking to address that if I was Pete.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:13 pm It's pretty rare for a penalty count not to get evened up at some point. I think we have a big problem with discipline. I'd be looking to address that if I was Pete.
It would have been even if Childs had picked up on the Huddersfield ones.

Overall I don't think he did bad outside of being whistle happy but he missed stuff for Huddersfield while calling it vs us.

The Farrell highshot being the most obvious one. Ignored fully but was happy to give a belated pen for the Greenwood hit.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Thought Childs was pretty good overall he didn't get in the way of things and that's all you can ask for.

And at the end of the day wigan won who cares about the ref?
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The penalty counts haven't changed in 40 years ,all these saying we need to improve discipline it makes absolutely no difference, the way we are refereed as the team everyone hates is systemic.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:50 am Thought Childs was pretty good overall he didn't get in the way of things and that's all you can ask for.

And at the end of the day wigan won who cares about the ref?
We won but I care about the referee. Child is just not a big game referee and should never have been appointed to the Final. He proved that in the semi.
In the semi he should have gone to the Video Referee following Lomax's try as it seemed to most people that the Saints players to the right of Lomax were in front of him. He should have checked with his VR.
Same in the Final. He should have checked the McQueen try as the Giants dummy runners knocked over Bibby. In any match, if there is a collision between the dummy runner and the defender it should be checked with the VR.
That Child didn't check either shows, to me, he isn't of the right standard for a big game.

As John Monie once said, "Only complain about the referee when you've won".
I really do think now we won both the club should pass their thoughts about Child to the RFL.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Could somebody tell me how many mins Mago played?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

pearsy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:06 pm Could somebody tell me how many mins Mago played?
Played or was on the pitch.

I looked on the day and saw he came on after 54 minutes but no idea if he stayed on or not.