Wigan Warriors’ Kai Pearce-Paul reportedly in for sensational swap deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Wigan Warriors’ Kai Pearce-Paul reportedly in for sensational swap deal

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm Harris has gone from being a credit to SL as a coach to being part of the problem.
What’s the issue?

There isn’t any way you can stop agents and players moving to Australia.

It’s an internal issue that so many players want to go.

The English premier league doesn’t lose many English players to other leagues. It’s because it’s the best competition, with a lot of the best players, a lot of the best coaches, very well paid, probably most watched sport.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:56 pm And, Toohey even believed that a swap deal or transfer fee could be imminent, tweeting: “One or the other both possible.”
Swap deal? We have no overseas quota spots available do we?
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

How the hell is Peet or any of the SL coaches build a team when this is happening on a regular basis The rules need changing
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm Harris has gone from being a credit to SL as a coach to being part of the problem.
It's a long, long time since I considered Harris a credit to SL. I don't remember the details clearly, but his move back from union caused big problems between Bradford and Leeds iirc. The repercussions were possibly not unconnected with Bradford's fall from grace?

This from Wikipedia:

In 2004, Harris returned to rugby league, citing family reasons. He joined Bradford Bulls after a contractual fight with former club Leeds. His salary was reputed to be £1 million over 4 seasons.
Also:

At a preliminary hearing in July 2005 a high court judge found that Harris had failed to honour a clause in his contract with Leeds when he returned to league with Bradford 12 months earlier.
See:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... eedsrhinos
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pearsy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:41 pm How the hell is Peet or any of the SL coaches build a team when this is happening on a regular basis The rules need changing
How can you force a rule ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

Can't wait see ponga in the cherry and white.
pedro

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:16 pm
Big stick wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:21 pm Any swap other than young would be stupid in my eyes
Brayden Musgrove?
no thanks
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Gaznier wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:19 pm Can't wait see ponga in the cherry and white.
Yup now hardaker left we’re down to our last 3 fullbacks if you count Hanley in the mix :lol:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:21 pm
What’s the issue?

There isn’t any way you can stop agents and players moving to Australia.

It’s an internal issue that so many players want to go.

The English premier league doesn’t lose many English players to other leagues. It’s because it’s the best competition, with a lot of the best players, a lot of the best coaches, very well paid, probably most watched sport.
Completely agree.
Who doesn’t want to compete in this best comp on better wages? It’s a short career make the most of it but I do admit I do feel Wigan make it easy for players to leave, you only have to look at teams like Saints and Leeds they never seem to lose players that easy.
What I will say the only down fall with some of the English players it defined their career in the NRL. They either make it or a note or less a complete flop and they comeback a shadow of their former self
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:38 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:16 pm
Big stick wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:21 pm Any swap other than young would be stupid in my eyes
Brayden Musgrove?
no thanks
Why?