Tom Johnstone to join Catalans in 2023

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Tom Johnstone to join Catalans in 2023

Post by josie andrews »

The Dragons have formalized the signing of Tom Johnstone from the 2023 season.
The 26 year old English winger who currently plays for Wakefield Trinity has signed with the Dragons for two seasons.

“First of all, I would like to thank Steve McNamara for this opportunity to join the Dragons. After discussing with him and hearing the club's objectives, I understood that it was the perfect place for me. My main goal is to win a final and it would be amazing to achieve that and make history here. I am excited and grateful to have the opportunity to play for such a club. The Dragons fans are passionate and I can't wait to play for them next season." said Johnstone.

Johnstone started his career in 2015. Considered one of the fastest players in the Betfred Super League, an outstanding finisher who has 87 tries in 112 games for Wakefield. Johnstone was also voted Super League's Best Young Player (2016) and named in the Dream Team (2018).

Steve McNamara commented: “We are very happy to add Tom Johnstone to the team for next season. He is blessed with blistering speed and power and he has an incredible ability to score tries. Despite everything, he is determined to continue to develop all aspects of his game. He will bring depth and competition to our wing positions in 2023.”

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/2 ... ns-in-2023
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Tom Johnstone to join Catalans in 2023

Post by Caboosegg »

Interesting signing I didn't realise they needed a winger. Is it a sign of unease at Wakefield?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

If it wasn’t for his injury record I’d be gutted so because of that I’m not too fussed.
It’s a shame with his injuries, one of the best wingers in the league when he is in form
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree, a very good winger and certainly worthy of a more successful club (with all respect to Wakefield).
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Good player but boy he does have his share of injuries
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Out for the rest of the season
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He's barely going to play for them, and they'll lose backup because he signed when they're really going to need backup. A bad move for Cats I'd say.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hard to have sympathy with catalan they should have done the due diligence on him surely
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:59 pm I agree, a very good winger and certainly worthy of a more successful club (with all respect to Wakefield).
Spot on.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:47 pm He's barely going to play for them, and they'll lose backup because he signed when they're really going to need backup. A bad move for Cats I'd say.
They have back up.