Wigan v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Wigan v Hull

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Well the liability had a good game again last night!
It's a good job he's not viewed as a great player in certain quarters?
Perhaps there's a little bit of the green eyed monster in the purveyor's comment amongst the invincibilty thought of his/her own team?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:51 am Well the liability had a good game again last night!
Perhaps there's a little bit of the green eyed monster in the purveyor's comment amongst the invincibilty thought of his/her own team?
Permission to be bewildered sir.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Please can the editor of this forum stop that Nathan criticising other peoples posts it’s not for that
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:28 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:51 am Well the liability had a good game again last night!
Permission to be bewildered sir.
Re the poster saint who stated in a previous post that French was a liability
saint wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:39 am If I was in your predicament I’d be saying get shut of French no question .

He ain’t no winger and he is a liability .

If you need a winger go and source one , don’t try and fit a triangle in a square hole.

My father in law was at your game and he mentioned French bombed a few try’s ( I haven’t seen any footage) but he too is starting to see the light around French . I’ve said it from the off . He ain’t as good as he is made out to be and now he is out of position he is arguable dead wood ! You need to be ruthless in building !
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

w.thomas wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:50 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:16 pm
w.thomas wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:04 pm Can’t believe Peet took him off!! What a fun buster! Only negative for me, decent win against a busted up side. Mago showing what he can do, he needs to do that’s against the better sides though, very hot and cold sometimes. I’d of rested partington and given Nsemba a run out possibly, same with Isa and Halsall. Onwards and upwards though, a good win!
French breaks a super league try scoring record and you’re looking for negatives ?

Why do you even support the club?
Why do you always feel the need to pipe up every time I post? So you wasn’t disappointed he got taken off when he could of scored more? There’s a time for resting players and that wasn’t it. I’m sorry some of us can’t be a rugby expert like yourself. It’s a place for opinions yet every time I post I get you giving it the keyboard warrior routine. Calm yourself down son
I know it’s a forum for opinions and I’m not being a keyboard warrior.

There’s a time and place for looking for holes or negatives but after a 60-0 win against Hull and Bevan breaking the record I don’t think now is the time.

Let’s just focus on the positives.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:38 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:49 pm Great attacking…… chuffed to say ive seen frenchs 7 tonite, edwards 10 at swinton and offiahs 10 v leeds all live…… could french have had 10 if hed stayed on?Only downer was mago should never of passed with the line at his mercy
Yep, me too. The Swinton game was at Gigg Lane back in the day.
it was pal….. too be fair edwards was passed a couple over the line….. i remember dean bell spinning round and passing it too him instead of scoring himself
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

wasnt the phrase” a one trick pony”? Lol
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 pm
No, he’s a liability & not a winger!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:07 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 pm
Yes i read that but didnt saint class french as a one trick pony? Im sure saint will clarify this
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:59 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:07 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 pm wasnt the phrase” a one trick pony”? Lol
Yes i read that but didnt saint class french as a one trick pony? Im sure saint will clarify this
Not in the comment I found above. Maybe somewhere else?