Cooper Joins immediately

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Cooper Joins immediately

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:17 pm I think he will defo play…… hes had a weeks rest and it could give another prop a rest
I doff my cap mate, you were spot-on.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:48 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:17 pm I think he will defo play…… hes had a weeks rest and it could give another prop a rest
Only a guess pal….. wish we had played a lot of different players up to now….. still time yet
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:56 pm
Only a guess pal….. wish we had played a lot of different players up to now….. still time yet
Mago was taken ill this morning.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:38 am

Missed mago off the bench. Genuinely lost for words when it comes to partington and shorrocks. Jesus. Dreadful bench that tonight
God2

Post by God2 »

Cooper absolutely stunk the place out tonight but he most certainly wasn’t the only one. Cust was even worse, I’ve also decided Field can’t pass for toffee as well under any kind of pressure.

The skill gap in some of the percentages tonight was glaringly obvious.

We need to hit lead runners more often now Field is closely watched, three times we could of had a walk in but on each occasion it went out the back to Field and the attack died or it got intercepted

Bibby, Isa and Powell very very poor as was Farrell and Marshall. The video room will be interesting to say the least as Leeds exposed some serious weaknesses that won’t be an easy fix.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Cooper was bobbins and cost us a couple of tries. Clearly too early to bring him in to the team.

Mago was a big miss.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dreamteam wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:43 am
Missed mago off the bench. Genuinely lost for words when it comes to partington and shorrocks. Jesus. Dreadful bench that tonight
Im not too keen on Shorrocks myself. He tackles well and had some good games last year but let’s be honest, he’s not good enough.

I think we sometimes hype up our own players because they come from the academy, which is a good thing, but he maybe should he the next one we let leave when his contract is up.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:20 am
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:43 am

Im not too keen on Shorrocks myself. He tackles well and had some good games last year but let’s be honest, he’s not good enough.

I think we sometimes hype up our own players because they come from the academy, which is a good thing, but he maybe should he the next one we let leave when his contract is up.
Never been keen on himself mate. Not really big enough to play in the forwards his passing game is not bad but he has a very awkward running style which makes it hard for him to actually run and pass at the same time. Him and smithies are both 13 s both two completely different players tho
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:12 pm
Not from what I am hearing.
you were right..... he was last minute illness cover, wasn't due to play
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

MrAlex wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:16 am Cooper was bobbins and cost us a couple of tries. Clearly too early to bring him in to the team.

Mago was a big miss.
Cooper made one error and gave away one penalty. However he carried for 85 metres from 10 carries. Wigan missed 32 tackles in total and 14 errors far too many to win a game.
What was really poor was the fact that out of the seven tries conceded five came from either dummy half or one pass from dummy half. Totally unacceptable.