James McDonnell off to Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: James McDonnell off to Leeds

Post by widdenoldboy »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:59 am Decent player but not sure how he gets in the side or squad with Batty Faz KPP Smithies all in front of him for second row you could let Shorrocks go who's next in line as cover? Ellis Havard and now Cooper can fill the 13 shirt if needed and for me that's all the cover we should run with. While I'm hoping to see a 9 with flair at some point I can live with Powell and O'Neil.
The position we need to upgrade massively is centre if I was being brutal you could lose 5 players from our squad and replace them with two good centers with Halsall as back up ... If desperate we know Batty KPP could also cover.
For a second rower to come into our squad he would need to be exceptionally better than Faz Batty Smithies or KPP and I just don't see that with James at this point.
I think thats the reality of the situation, who would we drop?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Graham1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:16 pm Looks like we’ve lost another highly rated back rower. Should not have resigned Isa and given a contract to either him or Nicholson. Hope Halsall isn’t the next one. KR needs to stop the drain.
Please check the forum that there isn’t already a thread coving the same topic please.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I think this is one that we're going to regret for years to come.
valentino

Post by valentino »

What’s the use of having the best academy in the game for somebody else’s benefit.We have just parted with a Parted with a better second row than most SL clubs can dream about.I’m disgusted.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Graham1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:16 pm Looks like we’ve lost another highly rated back rower. Should not have resigned Isa and given a contract to either him or Nicholson. Hope Halsall isn’t the next one. KR needs to stop the drain.
We have gone from being clearly over stacked with back rows to being a couple of injuries short of a minor emergency. We all know that we are carrying quota players who rarely get a game of are played out of position. It is sad to see young talents not being played because we are not strong enough to support them and would rather fill in with reliable but uninspiring journeymen.