Wigan Squad v HKR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Squad v HKR

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:03 pm Anyone know why Havard wasn’t in?
Came to me before the game with a boot on! Went over on his ankle in training and damaged the ligaments, says he will be about 4 weeks. But speaking to his Mum she said Ethan he will do everything he can to try & get fit sooner if he can.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:03 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:23 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:41 pm
He’s a good player and will get better. Good scrum halves need a bit of cockiness 😀
I didn’t like Edwards standing with legs akimbo, hands on hips & nodding his head.

If you are excellent at what you do, a bit of modesty & humility go a long way as far as I’m concerned 😊
I'm with you on this one, I didnt like the cockiness of Edward's and in my opinion he led a charmed life playing with fabulous players. There were far better players than Edward's around at the time.. That's my humble opinion
You cannot be serious! as someone once said. Edwards was the best player we had once he settled into the team. His reading of the game and his organisation was the reason were so dominant for years.
This will aggravate a lot of folk as well but I wish Farrell would stop trying to repeat his wonderful semi final try 2 or 3 times a game and cut out his cutting back towards the posts.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 pm A lot of noise post match according to the Mrs (she has a habit of exaggerating) that Harry could be in trouble for “leading” with his elbow on Coote.

I personally don’t think there was anything in it and neither did Sky pundits or Maguire apparently but this is the RFL and Mr Cullen we’re talking about and just before a wire game :?
The reply showed absolutely nothing happened.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:34 am
Came to me before the game with a boot on! Went over on his ankle in training and damaged the ligaments, says he will be about 4 weeks. But speaking to his Mum she said Ethan he will do everything he can to try & get fit sooner if he can.
That’s a shame. He’s had a decent run with injuries. Our run of fixtures isn’t too bad so hopefully we can get him ready for the play offs.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

ian.birchall wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:00 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:03 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:23 pm

I didn’t like Edwards standing with legs akimbo, hands on hips & nodding his head.

If you are excellent at what you do, a bit of modesty & humility go a long way as far as I’m concerned 😊
I'm with you on this one, I didnt like the cockiness of Edward's and in my opinion he led a charmed life playing with fabulous players. There were far better players than Edward's around at the time.. That's my humble opinion
You cannot be serious! as someone once said. Edwards was the best player we had once he settled into the team. His reading of the game and his organisation was the reason were so dominant for years.
This will aggravate a lot of folk as well but I wish Farrell would stop trying to repeat his wonderful semi final try 2 or 3 times a game and cut out his cutting back towards the posts.
Ian I’m sorry but you are talking out of your back side.
His passing game, reading of the game and support play was the best id ever seen.
Come on, name me a half who was better than him at the time?
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am
Wigan_ITK wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 pm A lot of noise post match according to the Mrs (she has a habit of exaggerating) that Harry could be in trouble for “leading” with his elbow on Coote.

I personally don’t think there was anything in it and neither did Sky pundits or Maguire apparently but this is the RFL and Mr Cullen we’re talking about and just before a wire game :?

After watching it back when I got home I completely agree Nathan.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

The bit that made laugh was when it was said that Coote really wanted to get back on the pitch and he was not a player to stay down if wasn't injured!
The only dubious thing about the tackle was Coote's terrible tackle technique and Harry being tipped onto his head.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:31 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am

After watching it back when I got home I completely agree Nathan.
Sorry disagree. The original contact was okay but smith twice crossed his face with elbow when on floor.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

The only potential issue given how contact to the head is reviewed is when Harry finds his feet and gives Coote a bit of facial with his elbow. Watched at full speed nothing in it, but slow it down and he could be in trouble.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:34 am
I've shared this with my lads - Josie, you are pure class!!!
Any other sport, or club, and we'd get a press release on a players injury . . . but we have Josie who talks to his Mum!!!!
😘
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐