Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by Dreamteam »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:34 am
CobraCraig wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:31 am Looks like he’s signing for the Knights.
Just seen the reports of them offering him a deal 😢😢
More than that. Reports are saying he’s actually signed already
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Wigan need to realise that a player like French only comes along once or twice in a life time. They must and I mean must get him signed..
We have never been so lucky to have him already and must keep him. To let him go is a massive failure on Wigan's part make no mistake.

widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:34 am Wigan need to realise that a player like French only comes along once or twice in a life time. They must and I mean must get him signed..
We have never been so lucky to have him already and must keep him. To let him go is a massive failure on Wigan's part make no mistake.
Gutting if true but its a failure of RL in this country too, the cap means we can't break the wage structure for one, albeit a very good, player. If he wants to go home and the Knights match or better our offer there isn't much we can do.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:42 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:34 am Wigan need to realise that a player like French only comes along once or twice in a life time. They must and I mean must get him signed..
Gutting if true but its a failure of RL in this country too, the cap means we can't break the wage structure for one, albeit a very good, player. If he wants to go home and the Knights match or better our offer there isn't much we can do.
Good for him. But going from us to Knights career wise is a downgrade. Seen them this season. Their line defence is a joke.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

We could use the marquee rule.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

thegimble wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:45 am
Good for him. But going from us to Knights career wise is a downgrade. Seen them this season. Their line defence is a joke.
Yeh, its gutting, I'd be worried that he'd be anonymous for the Knights - what a loss that would be for RFL.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If true good luck to him but it's poor we heard in in a second hard manner. Would have been nice to hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. As I say "if true"

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

I don’t think there is much we can do aside from moving our ground to Australia and joining the NRL.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sad if he’s going sometimes it may not be about the money,leaves us though with some memories though,that pass last to Marshall was breathtaking…if it was just about money then the sport has shot itself in the foot because of this bloody stupid salary cap rule,sick and tired the sport being held back by it.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Of course it's all down to money!
It's a short career and he must get as much money as he possible can and good luck to him.
MONEY TALKS
As the saying goes, offer him the town clock, make him an offer he cant refuse.
Wigan must make compromises if need be, a magical player must be paid magical wages. If othet players need to be moved on to keep him so be it.

We are in the entertainment business

You will not see another like him in your lifetime ladies and gentlemen.