somewhere to stay

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriorwal

somewhere to stay

Post by warriorwal »

hi hope someone can help,as i am a travelling wigan fan me and my wife usually travel from hull and back on same night but it is her b-day tomorrow so i wanted to stay the night,in wigan hopefully near the stadium so we can walk to the game but if not we could drive.anyhow wat i wanted to know does anyone know of nice hotel/b&b not too expensive (well cheaper the better lol)after all I am a cheap yorkshire man .hope u can help WARRIORWAL
cpwigan

Re: somewhere to stay

Post by cpwigan »

Standish has a couple of motel type places next to the motorway junction (27) and a few nice B&Bs. I'd personally stay at the Beeches but it may cost more
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Never stayed in any hotels around Wigan 'cause I live there but heres a list of hotels in the WN1 area (the town centre obviously) that's not a long walk, probably about 20-25 minutes depending on your speed and the amount of beer you've drunk...ok normally takes me about an hour :D

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... &year=2006
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Actually, just found a better list from a site for away latics fans. If you've got time to read through them, the top two lists (town centre and M6 junctions 23 to 25 are probably the better ones to choose from. They're nearest to the ground.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warriorwal

Post by warriorwal »

cheers mrs lam and cp thought everyone was just gonna view i know it wasnt an interesing post lol
lets hope for a great game latz
Wight Pie

Post by Wight Pie »

Try Wigan Tourist Information Office on 01942 825677 as well.

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

warriorwal posted:
cheers mrs lam and cp thought everyone was just gonna view i know it wasnt an interesing post lol
lets hope for a great game latz
Always here to help my second home -for a month- Hull people! Good luck in finding somewhere, am sure you'll have no problems and if you do I can set up my Budweiser tent which I won, not sure how when I didn't actually enter anything.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warriorwal

Post by warriorwal »

why do u have to slum it with the hull scum for a month (luckily i live in beverley)
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

warriorwal posted:
why do u have to slum it with the hull scum for a month (luckily i live in beverley)
Went to Lincoln uni but the Hull campus but the course wasn't right for me so I left and am now at Edgehill. Really enjoyed my month there though and actually miss it at times even though I was a little homesick. Met some lovely people both from Hull and other areas of the country, so when everyone else is slagging it off I'm a little blackandwhite tinted spec 'ish if that makes sense!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!