Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wigan will feel they have time to allow Bevan quite a bit of scope to find what's best for him.
As for a time line I find that confusing.
We have the World Cup later in the year and what seems very possible is that any number of players will look to find themselves an NRL or SL club. Especially those from the Pacific Islands.
Every World Cup brings forward players who we may have heard of or not who suddenly look like they could be very good for us.
One of the best signings we made from a World Cup in recent times was George Carmont. A great signing by IL and Joe Lydon.
I'd be very pleased if the club signed a player of Carmont's calibre.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:13 pm Wigan will feel they have time to allow Bevan quite a bit of scope to find what's best for him.
We have the World Cup later in the year and what seems very possible is that any number of players will look to find themselves an NRL or SL club. Especially those from the Pacific Islands.
Every World Cup brings forward players who we may have heard of or not who suddenly look like they could be very good for us.
One of the best signings we made from a World Cup in recent times was George Carmont. A great signing by IL and Joe Lydon.
Yes, the perfect centre 😊 Really liked ‘Chicken George’ 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:13 pm Wigan will feel they have time to allow Bevan quite a bit of scope to find what's best for him.
Yeh, the world cup could throw up some exciting prospects - looking forward to it.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wigan TV commentry v Toulouse, the commentators were lamenting that French is likely to go to the NRL. Not sure if they are picking ujp on a vibe at the club or just speaking as fans?
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I've been told that French going or not going will not change the situation regarding new player/players.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:40 pm I've been told that French going or not going will not change the situation regarding new player/players.
That makes sense if the club are allowing Bevan to delay his decision for this long.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:40 pm I've been told that French going or not going will not change the situation regarding new player/players.
With the players rumoured to be joining, this makes sense.

Neither of them are FB or Wingers & neither of are non-federation players.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Is Bibby confirmed to be leaving? If French leaves and we aren't recruiting another winger it definitely leaves us light on the wing
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:53 pm Is Bibby confirmed to be leaving? If French leaves and we aren't recruiting another winger it definitely leaves us light on the wing
Yes & Wardle is replacing him. If French leaves, we will likely put Halsall on the wing AND signed someone.

Just a shame we don't have 3 top wingers like we used to. Could use another flyer to replace Miski.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:28 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:53 pm Is Bibby confirmed to be leaving? If French leaves and we aren't recruiting another winger it definitely leaves us light on the wing
Yes & Wardle is replacing him. If French leaves, we will likely put Halsall on the wing AND signed someone.

Just a shame we don't have 3 top wingers like we used to. Could use another flyer to replace Miski.
Why do you think the club will put Halsall on the wing when he is a very good centre?
Hope we recruit/promote another winger!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan