Bevan French contract latest as Wigan Warriors wait on offer

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Bevan French contract latest as Wigan Warriors wait on offer

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are still waiting for a response from Bevan French to their contract offer.

French is the top try scorer in Super League this season, having taken his tally up to 27 with a hat-trick in last week’s demolition of bottom club Toulouse Olympique.

But the future of the fullback or winger remains up in their air with his contract set to expire at the end of the season.

Reports have linked French with a move back to Australia and the NRL, but Wigan hope to keep hold of one of their brightest stars.

Head coach Matt Peet recently revealed that they had tabled an “exceptional” offer to the 26-year-old and, after French’s treble against Toulouse, he said their hopes of keeping him remained “very live”.

Peet said: “Bevan is a special player, I love watching him. I love coaching him.

“He is great to watch and at times you expect it from him. You would pay to watch him.”

Wigan’s other winger also drew praise from the coach following the Toulouse rout as Abbas Miski, despite not getting on the scoreboard, impressed on a rare appearance.

The Lebanon international was making only his eighth appearance for the Warriors since joining from London Broncos ahead of the season.

“Abbas forced himself into an opportunity and tonight he was quality,” said Peet.

“I love the way he’s conducted himself in the weeks where he hasn’t been selected. He’s not been happy, but he’s respectful and supportive.

“Most importantly he’s not been satisfied. It all bodes well, because it’s genuine competition and keeps the bar high in this period of the season.”

Wigan need to beat St Helens on Friday to deny their great rivals the chance to lift the League Leaders’ Shield at the DW Stadium.

Only the Warriors can deny them that honour but, most likely, their battle in the last fortnight of the season will be clinching second spot and a home play-off semi-final.

Morgan Smithies and Willie Isa should be back for the derby after not being risked last week with calf and knee knocks respectively.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... n-offer%2F
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kayla

Re: Bevan French contract latest as Wigan Warriors wait on offer

Post by Kayla »

All these reports about Bevan going to Leigh are concerning now ...please tell us what's going on ...I'm fed up with Saint supporters winding me up about it and as I live in St Helens this is an hourly acurance
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kayla wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:48 pm All these reports about Bevan going to Leigh are concerning now ...please tell us what's going on ...I'm fed up with Saint supporters winding me up about it and as I live in St Helens this is an hourly acurance
He has stated he won't play for another UK club, It's either Wigan or NRL, ignore the smelly cabbage eaters
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Yeah I keep saying that :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kayla wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:51 pm Yeah I keep saying that :lol:
I’ve sent you a PM!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Iv replied.....I think 🤔 :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kayla wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:07 pm Iv replied.....I think 🤔 :lol:
No, you put your vote on the forum 😆