Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I hate when they make headlines stating it as a fact then go on to explain they 'expect' him to sign for Newcastle.

Lazy sensationalist journalism
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:56 pm I hate when they make headlines stating it as a fact then go on to explain they 'expect' him to sign for Newcastle.

I read it this morning & thought the same!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:56 pm I hate when they make headlines stating it as a fact then go on to explain they 'expect' him to sign for Newcastle.

they'll be basing the "expect" off the fact its a NRL club as well, they cant comprehend that some players will pick England over the NRL
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I have heard Wigan are trying to sort accommodation for Bevins family to stay in the UK with him hope its true
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

In his post match interview he said the usual things about liking it here but home was very important. He then said that if the home stuff could be sorted it could be concluded.

My understanding of that was, if he was thinking of going back to Aus then there wouldn't be any home stuff to sort out. It's already there and presumably sorted.
If home stuff needs sorting then that perhaps is visas, travel, accommodation and employment for family coming over here. That would be sorting things.
If they are trying to sort that out it looks promising for Bevan staying. I certainly hope so.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:17 pm In his post match interview he said the usual things about liking it here but home was very important. He then said that if the home stuff could be sorted it could be concluded.

My understanding of that was, if he was thinking of going back to Aus then there wouldn't be any home stuff to sort out. It's already there and presumably sorted.
If home stuff needs sorting then that perhaps is visas, travel, accommodation and employment for family coming over here. That would be sorting things.
If they are trying to sort that out it looks promising for Bevan staying. I certainly hope so.
The Club are most certainly trying to sort it out by getting his brother over and fixing him up with a job.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:59 pm I have heard Wigan are trying to sort accommodation for Bevins family to stay in the UK with him hope its true
Heard similar but not as much detail, good signs
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:15 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:59 pm I have heard Wigan are trying to sort accommodation for Bevins family to stay in the UK with him hope its true
Why is it up to the club to do this? Can French not contact an estate agent in the area he wants his family to live and find one that’s affordable rent wise?

It’s a nice gesture by the club but why can’t French do it? Does he just need support because he’s still fairly young and doesn’t know much about the property market etc?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:32 pm
Why is it up to the club to do this? Can French not contact an estate agent in the area he wants his family to live and find one that’s affordable rent wise?

It’s a nice gesture by the club but why can’t French do it? Does he just need support because he’s still fairly young and doesn’t know much about the property market etc?
I'm pretty sure the club have people who get paid to sort this out or at least they used to.

I know someone who helped sort Micky Mac's living situation out when he move from Leeds.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:35 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:32 pm

I'm pretty sure the club have people who get paid to sort this out or at least they used to.

I know someone who helped sort Micky Mac's living situation out when he move from Leeds.
Shaun Wane 😉 He lived with him for quite a while 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan