England Vs PNG

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: England Vs PNG

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

So many games have been uncompetitive (even England games) that people are loosing interest at the games . 38-0 at half time is OK if you are an England supporter but if you are a neutral who has just paid £85 for a good seat it's pretty soul destroying .
3 Scotland Supporters (dressed for the part) at the Emirates this Saturday so be gentle please people we have had a pretty traumatic time so far this World Cup.

Got to get a Rugby League 🏉 fix somehow even if it is watching England. :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol:

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:24 am So many games have been uncompetitive (even England games) that people are loosing interest at the games . 38-0 at half time is OK if you are an England supporter but if you are a neutral who has just paid £85 for a good seat it's pretty soul destroying .
3 Scotland Supporters (dressed for the part) at the Emirates this Saturday so be gentle please people we have had a pretty traumatic time so far this World Cup.

Got to get a Rugby League 🏉 fix somehow even if it is watching England. :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol:

EW
Its not been a great tournament so far for me.anyway until the New Zealand Fiji match last night finally a game.worthy of a world cup really hoped Fiji had them but not to be,still great game to watch
Last edited by fozzieskem on Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:08 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:38 pm Not a sell out which it really should be. 10 mins late for the kick off
Shows where the sport of rugby league is.

Last 8 of World Cup and can’t sell out a stadium that’s within reach of the majority of rugby league fans in the country.
Try telling that to "the gimble " when he/she goes on about the Salary Cap He/she needs a self evident reality check. I enjoyed the unexpected exhibition rout from the comfort of my home. Like chariots I'm a Royalist and it was great to see the future Queen at the game. Congrats to Shaun Wayne and the team. some great skills on show despite the conditions they still needed to be.executed. Well done Tommy well deserved record
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:13 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:23 pm PNG just awful it was game over after 10 mins to be honest.

Should have been standing room only really but those prices when will they Learn?

Getting away was a chuffing nightmare but home at last.

I'm no royalist but Kate is by far and away the best of them she added class to proceedings let's hope she's a regular sight at RL games in the future,the publicity she brings is welcome.

That shop wigan have is dangerous to my bank Balance as I have little self control :lol:

Good day overall but the DW should have had more than one game.

The tournament though is lacking any surprises at all the big 3 and tonga (more than likely) wiĺ be in the semi finals,shame really.
Did you expect surprises? Why? How was it going to be any different than it has been?
No not really but my god the tournament needed a surprise to give it a shot in the arm..nearly got one last night too great game to watch than yet another blow out score.

Let’s hope for this afternoon for another close run game
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

The stadium is definitely a bit of a dump, I’m sure it never use to be so bad. The waiting times at the bars for food and drink are a joke, they never were that bad a few years back. Recently it’s taken about 30 minutes for a drink! Now I like a couple but it’s almost enough to make you go T total! 😆 good result though and Waney doing a good job with the England lads. Roll on the semis
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I think England were that good, the start especially.
Yes the competition is weak through out but let’s be honest it always has been.
Let’s stop the moaning and get behind the team, business end of the comp now.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:13 pm I think England were that good, the start especially.
I'm not disrupting England d set off well but PNG were very poor even when e gland slacked off in the 2nd half there wasn't much that came from.them,I hoped for more if I'm honest,an England win of course but more of a game from PNG
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:19 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:13 pm I think England were that good, the start especially.
I'm not disrupting England d set off well but PNG were very poor even when e gland slacked off in the 2nd half there wasn't much that came from.them,I hoped for more if I'm honest,an England win of course but more of a game from PNG
I know what you mean. I thought PNG would of been more of a test for them
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:44 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:19 pm
I know what you mean. I thought PNG would of been more of a test for them
I think everyone did!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan