Saints or Penrith

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
archiekeith

Re: Saints or Penrith

Post by archiekeith »

archiekeith wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:56 am:D :D
I need to clarify my earlier reference to Mt St Helens The explosion I referred to was the end of the 2004 -2008 eruption. The end of the eruption was reported on the 18th January not the 18th February so the Saints victory didn't coincide with it. I will ditch referring to them Volcano's and just say Super,Saints. Just look forward to us emulating them very soon!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Didn't know the game was on C4 live also.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I don't like Saints and I won't give the credit
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:16 pm I don't like Saints and I won't give the credit
:D
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

archiekeith wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:05 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:16 pm I don't like Saints and I won't give the credit
thats OK Your post suggest you acknowledge there was credit to give which there was. Chariots said he couldn't see past Penrith Obvious he's got a blind sport for Saints. I wonder if the pair of them have a blind sport for Hull K R? Not heard a peep from chariots
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

archiekeith wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:15 am
thats OK Your post suggest you acknowledge there was credit to give which there was. Chariots said he couldn't see past Penrith Obvious he's got a blind sport for Saints. I wonder if the pair of them have a blind sport for Hull K R? Not heard a peep from chariots
It should have said any instead of the :D
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i hadnt realised the game was on C4 until i stumbled upon it. I normally watch The Last Leg on Friday night where Adam Hills does a good promo job, but it wasnt on so didnt watch C4

based on 2nd half, i thought Penrith were very 1 dimensional, and unimpressive to say the least. I just didnt think the 2 halves got into the game or offer anything other than a simple pass or high kick to Percival who was fielding them all day long

I did manage to watch the whole game though this morning and thought 10-0 at HT perhaps flattered Saints a little as Penrith offered more in the 1st half than they did in the 2nd. Saints had 2 chances and took them, so showed their clinical, ruthless side to their game. I think the Saints right side defence can be gotten at too, as thats where Penrith made most of their yards / attacking opportunities in that 1st half (scored in 2nd half)

overall enjoyable game, and Saints were the better team and deseved to win, although they probably had a bit of twitchy arse towards the end

One of my current Saints mates reckons this is the best Saints team he has ever watched, so was having a debate with him last night. I personally dont think it is, as they've had sides with Scully, Long, Pryce, Gidley, Lyon etc etc, who were far better and far more entertaining, and more to the point had far more to beat in SL than they current side does. What i would concede, is that this current side has that ability / desire to win, when they perhaps dont deserve to, but does that make them the best Saints SL side ever?
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

the pieman wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:11 pm i hadnt realised the game was on C4 until i stumbled upon it. I normally watch The Last Leg on Friday night where Adam Hills does a good promo job, but it wasnt on so didnt watch C4

based on 2nd half, i thought Penrith were very 1 dimensional, and unimpressive to say the least. I just didnt think the 2 halves got into the game or offer anything other than a simple pass or high kick to Percival who was fielding them all day long

I did manage to watch the whole game though this morning and thought 10-0 at HT perhaps flattered Saints a little as Penrith offered more in the 1st half than they did in the 2nd. Saints had 2 chances and took them, so showed their clinical, ruthless side to their game. I think the Saints right side defence can be gotten at too, as thats where Penrith made most of their yards / attacking opportunities in that 1st half (scored in 2nd half)

overall enjoyable game, and Saints were the better team and deseved to win, although they probably had a bit of twitchy arse towards the end

One of my current Saints mates reckons this is the best Saints team he has ever watched, so was having a debate with him last night. I personally dont think it is, as they've had sides with Scully, Long, Pryce, Gidley, Lyon etc etc, who were far better and far more entertaining, and more to the point had far more to beat in SL than they current side does. What i would concede, is that this current side has that ability / desire to win, when they perhaps dont deserve to, but does that make them the best Saints SL side ever?
The question can't be given an no./yes answer According to you mate he says they are and that is subjective ie. His opinion
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

medlocke wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:14 pm
archiekeith wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:15 am

It should have said any instead of the :D