Ticket Info: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: Ticket Info: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Post by the pieman »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:21 pm
the pieman wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:01 pm being fair to the RFL they have tried to find a stadium (good one) roughly half way between Hull and Wigan.

automatically you rule out Cas / Wakey as they are dumps

Huddersfield would be an option but quite a bit closer for us to travel than the HKR fans

i suppose another option would be York (know that would probably be further for us) with a capacity of 8500, so reckon that would sell out compared to maybe 10k at headingley. Outside of the stadiums above, you are then looking at football grounds which i feel would be way too big, as there would be no promotion of the game, no cheap tickets to fill it etc etc as the RFL dont do s*** like that :) :)
Eco power stadium in Doncaster

15k capacity so we could get a decent crowd without rattling around. Lots of stadiums from lower footballing sides around just need to look. The RFL just take the piss
Good shout. I dont know enough about some of the lower league grounds when it comes to football (although rugby play there too). I was automatically thinking Elland Rd (too big, old and past it stadium), 2 stadiums in Sheffield (too big), Barnsley etc, where the travel would be roughly the same

like i'd posted last time, no issue with the travelling, at least they have tried to keep it roughly the same for both sets of fans, but there are other options that dont involve lining uncle gary's pocket
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Apparently KR have sold out their first allocation. Hopefully Wigan can match it
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Big stick wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:26 pm Apparently KR have sold out their first allocation. Hopefully Wigan can match it
They've actually sold out 2 allocations as of today
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Who’ve sold out a second allocation, Wigan or Hull KR ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:22 am Who’ve sold out a second allocation, Wigan or Hull KR ?
HKR reading the above post.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I thought that when I first read it Josie but he could have been answering big stick who asked if Wigan could match Hull KR selling their first allocation, bit pedantic I know but just curious
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:33 am I thought that when I first read it Josie but he could have been answering big stick who asked if Wigan could match Hull KR selling their first allocation, bit pedantic I know but just curious
Yes now you mention it 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Apologies if there's an obvious answer to this, but who are all the other blocks reserved for? Admittedly, we get a whole terrace behind the sticks, but then it seems like a tiny area stuck in the corner is the only other option. If KR get the opposite to us, who gets all the other areas?